OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: SBE 3 Patterning Way High  (Read 12993 times)

Offline Oxley777

Re: SBE 3 Patterning Way High
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2018, 09:47:10 AM »
When you send it back, what exactly are they doing to your gun? Patterned mine today and it shot about a foot high.
I have heard they bend the barrel. Not what I want from a new, expensive gun. I have a buddy up in Louisville that had same problem with new sbe3.

Offline turkin8or

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2018, 12:42:11 PM »
They are made to be shot at rising birds, POI above the bead. I did shim mine and it works great for waterfowl, pheasants, dove, etc.
I would figure you would need something adjustable for turkeys.

Offline Tidewater Tom

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 03:46:09 PM »
When I bought my SBE 2 several years ago it shot high.  I missed a turkey the day after I bought it.  I took it back got a different SBE 2 and I’ll be darned if it didn’t shoot higher than the first one.  That’s when I went to red dot sights and haven’t looked back.  Interesting because my SBE 1 shoots dead on POA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here.  My SBE 1 is dead one and my SV is high.  I use the SBE I for ducks so the red dot is going on the SV.
Educated beyond my intelligence...

Offline SKFOOTER

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 09:13:36 PM »
What is an SV?

Offline Popapi

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2018, 07:18:49 PM »
What is an SV?
SuperVinci

Offline gobblersforever

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2018, 10:47:34 AM »
had the same issue with mine but changed the shims and added a
HEVI13 Turkey Choke from Hevishot and the problem was solved

Offline sasquatch1

• The Boss Gobbler
SBE 3 Patterning Way High
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2018, 11:34:50 AM »
If shims are fixing y’alls POA/POI issues, you never was lined up and shooting correctly. Shims only adjust the quick draw alignment of ones eye down the barrel. They do nothing to change the POI if looking down the barrel correctly.

Offline DrDirtNap

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2018, 02:55:26 PM »
If shims are fixing y’alls POA/POI issues, you never was lined up and shooting correctly. Shims only adjust the quick draw alignment of ones eye down the barrel. They do nothing to change the POI if looking down the barrel correctly.

Agree...

Offline cuppednlocked

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2018, 11:26:41 AM »
In other forums the (DIY) fix is to look at the collar on the magazine tube.  If the gun shoots high, and the collar isn't turned down to the end of the threads, heat the collar to loosen the loc-tite and turn it towards the bottom threads.

YMMV, but I would look exercise your Google-fu to investigate.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2018, 09:53:52 AM »
If you are aligning the beads and aiming, it will shoot high, that is the function of a raised rib. Shims will change the poi as your eye is the rear sight. If you change the shim and still line up the beads and aim, your poi will not change as you are moving your head and eye back to where it was before the shim change to align the beads. If you are pointing the gun in wingshooting and keep your head down on the stock and focus on the target and not the beads, the shims will change your poi. Benellis are known to shoot high due to the ramped rib. My own Vinci will shoot high if I aim using the beads. I have several choke and load combos I tested that shoot pretty much dead on and slightly high at 40 yards with an easy hit fiber optic bead and the "B" shim. I went and used a couple red dots for several seasons and now using a low power scope on it for turkey. For waterfowl I have been using the "A" shim and it shoots lights out. My son just purchased an sbe3, and will report back when we get a chance to pattern it. He is out goose hunting with it this morning and I am waiting to hear how it went.