OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: SBE 3 Patterning Way High  (Read 12995 times)

Offline 243kid

SBE 3 Patterning Way High
« on: October 05, 2017, 09:47:54 PM »
Bought a SBE 3 that patterns about 12" high!

I tried several different brands of shells (WLB, #4, #5, #6, 3rd Degree) same results

Open to suggestions?

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
Re: SBE 3 Patterning Way High
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 09:10:26 AM »
try a few of the stock chokes or other chokes with junk shells at 50 to 60 feet.  See if all do the same that will take the choke out then we figure what next to check.

Now I did have a customer that had on that was the same and he mailed it back to them.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 09:50:31 AM »
Benelli is known for not shooting poa. Will probably need a sight of some sort.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline JHoyle

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 05:01:27 PM »
It should have came with a shim kit. Try a different one that may bring poi down some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Brizendine1234

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 01:27:04 PM »
I know 3 people that have got that gun in all 3 saw it shots high and they have shimed it to and it didn't help what one guy did was put a bigger sight on the end and it help sum

Offline sasquatch1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 03:15:24 PM »
Shims will only help it align, as in "target acquisition"  faster or more natural for wing shooting!

Shims are basically just a tilt between the stock and the receiver.

No matter how the shims are if you get steady and looks down the barrel properly to the head it is what it is, unless a choke is throwing it off

Offline jimmy w

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 12:13:35 PM »
 Only thing you can do is put a scope on it or send it back to Benelli,Good luck

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 07:49:25 AM »
They're set up as bird guns, meaning they shoot a European,  flush type pattern for going away shots or head on for driven bird shots.   The gun isn't broken, its how they shoot and the bead on a bird gun isn't a sight.  Also, mshims won't change poi much if at all.  They adjust fit to the shooter.   I don't even see the bead when I'm wing shooting and you aren't supposed to.  For turkey,  get some adjustable sights, optics, or learn to hold low.  You have one of the best guns made.  Anyone who sends a benelli back for doin what its supposed to simply doesn't know the gun.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Offline jimmy w

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 11:46:47 AM »

I tried several different brands of shells (WLB, #4, #5, #6, 3rd Degree) same results

Open to suggestions?
Sent my sbe3 to benelli in October and got it back yesterday and now instead of shooting 12 to 14 inches high it is 2 to 4 inches high.My sbe2 is shooting 6 to 8 inches high but I had installed a Leupold turkey plex scope on it and man that is sweet.good luck with yours

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 06:19:49 PM »

Open to suggestions?
Sent my sbe3 to benelli in October and got it back yesterday and now instead of shooting 12 to 14 inches high it is 2 to 4 inches high.My sbe2 is shooting 6 to 8 inches high but I had installed a Leupold turkey plex scope on it and man that is sweet.good luck with yours
Did Benelli say what they did to fix it? Curious as to what they did, as I have read  a few  places that some guys were having issues with them shooting abnormally high.

Offline jimmy w

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 02:45:10 PM »

Open to suggestions?
Did Benelli say what they did to fix it? Curious as to what they did, as I have read  a few  places that some guys were having issues with them shooting abnormally high.
Yes the guy Ted that I talked too said they were design to shoot high but not as much as I told him.Said for me to send it in for checking and when I got it back the work order in box said adjusted barrel.

Offline jimmy w

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 02:49:28 PM »
If I was going to only turkey hunt with any gun I would put a adjustable sight on it.(just what I like to do)

***I also bought a new model A5 Browning that is so sweet of a gun BUT it also shoots a little off,Little to left and low about 3 inches!

Offline DrDirtNap

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2018, 03:25:55 PM »
When I bought my SBE 2 several years ago it shot high.  I missed a turkey the day after I bought it.  I took it back got a different SBE 2 and I’ll be darned if it didn’t shoot higher than the first one.  That’s when I went to red dot sights and haven’t looked back.  Interesting because my SBE 1 shoots dead on POA.

Offline Davis87

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 08:45:03 PM »
When you send it back, what exactly are they doing to your gun? Patterned mine today and it shot about a foot high.

Offline shokgobble

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2018, 08:23:17 AM »
Buddy of mine had the same problem with his SBE3. He added shims and it fixed it.