turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 trigger pull?

Started by indiana slick, April 15, 2011, 09:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indiana slick

Have a 870 SPS new that I have fired 25 times. I like the gun 20in barrel thumb hole stock como good, light easy yo carry, feels good in shooting position, not a hard kicker. My problem is the trigger feels very hard, does the thumb hole stock make a difference in the feel of the trigger pull? I own 4 other 870's and have never had this problem, just wondering if anyone else has had same problem?

pullit

you can change the spring out and it will help alot. If your pocket is deep enough, you can buy a Timey (spelling?) trigger and your golden.

msgobblergetter

Patriot Sear spring upgrade... Less than 10 bucks.

Rob Robertson

I put the Timney Trigger in mine.  WOW  No creep, I went with the 3 pound pull.

Dawn2Dusk

I too put a Timney in mine and the only way I can describe it is "Daylight v/s Dark!"

"Enjoying The Outdoors One Sunrise At A Time"

SumToy

Change spring or get  someone to cut the one you have
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

knotheadedfool

I cut the spring on an 11-87 and it worked great.  I just went tiny bits at a time until I got it like I wanted it.  If you do that though, you need to put your trigger assembly back into the receiver each time you cut and not just work the mechanism out of the gun or you will get it lighter than what you think you are getting it.

Gobble!

Timney triggers are great just put one on mine well worth it

pullit

indiana slick

Sounds like I'll have a timney trigger for My 870,thanks for all the info where to buy it and how to install it :thanks:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions