OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Another shooting  (Read 5353 times)

Offline Farmboy27

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Another shooting
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2017, 09:29:59 PM »
If you read the bible you'd understand tge Old Testament is irrelevant once Jesus was born and saved us. You'd also not say Hitler followed God's commandments
As I said. Agree to disagree. I won't criticize your faith. Please don't criticize my lack of it. Some believe in power of prayer, some in power of action. It doesn't mean that we aren't both looking for a better life for everyone and an end to the madness.

Offline larry9988

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2017, 09:33:51 PM »
Farmboy27, you say you give to charities and children's hospitals, sounds to me like you have a good heart that likes to help people and a person that has a deep compassion for his fellow man. You sound a whole lot like a guy I like to read about. I wish I were more like y'all and I am trying to get there. I wish you did believe in this God that I believe in, because there is just no telling what he could do through a man like you. Thanks for all you do. And I am like you, I just broke my own personal rule that I would not comment anymore on this site on anything that did not have to do with turkey hunting.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2017, 09:48:22 PM »
Farmboy27, you say you give to charities and children's hospitals, sounds to me like you have a good heart that likes to help people and a person that has a deep compassion for his fellow man. You sound a whole lot like a guy I like to read about. I wish I were more like y'all and I am trying to get there. I wish you did believe in this God that I believe in, because there is just no telling what he could do through a man like you. Thanks for all you do. And I am like you, I just broke my own personal rule that I would not comment anymore on this site on anything that did not have to do with turkey hunting.
Well said

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2017, 10:14:40 AM »
I agree on most everyone's post and admit I too would like to see it kept to turkey hunting. There are however, a few times in life that dictate that a moral and conscientious society stands up and speaks against things that will ultimately destroy us, our country and all we love, including turkey hunting. Morality plays a part in hunting as well as life, don't we expect sportsmen to be ethical in our hunting?

I stated my view in response to a terrible tragedy that we all agree was horrendous evil. A free and strong country is open to debate and pursuit of peace for all beliefs. Please do not think I care for anyone less because he does not believe as I do. I spent many more of my years alive as an atheist than a Christian, and the comments I made would have sent me ballistic in my old life. so I appreciate your comments Farmboy and wish you well in your life. Yet I do believe that we are first a country founded on Christian beliefs and our laws reflect that. I believe that all we have is God's creation and a gift. The very forest and turkey, deer and other game are within our stewardship to care for and use. I have found that sportsmen and women are some of the finest people you will ever meet. Many are people of faith and many are not, but they are almost without exception good people. Of course there are some who tarnish that as there are in society that do like wise and do not represent the norm. The shooter in Vegas fits that criteria.

This tragedy has moved us all and it is therapeutic to talk it over. So please forgive us for sharing our hearts on a Turkey hunting forum, this has wounded all Americans. I hope some day we can all walk through God's kingdom in peace. I would share a turkey hunt with most of the posters here and love every minute of it and my religious beliefs would most likely never come up, we'd just have fun busting turkey skulls.

Offline M Sharpe

• Longbeard
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2017, 06:02:07 PM »
eggshell, those were two mighty fine post you wrote; but, let's not forget that even satan is a believer!! I once heard it said that religion will send more folks to hell than anything else. I believe that. Our salvation hangs not on religion, but on us having a relationship with Jesus Christ. Christ will return for His bride, the Church. Sometimes I think people concentrate on the church more than The Church. To me those words have two different meanings. The one with the little "c" is the place we go to on Sunday. The one with the big "C" is the one the Lord is coming back for! There is a big difference. You're right, this country needs God in the hearts of the men and women. We, as Christians, know what the rest of the story is. Hopefully, we've read that last book in the Bible. Farmboy 27, the book of James says that "faith without works is dead." I agree, sometimes we need to work more, and still pray! I will be the first to say that I don't do near enough witnessing to people to try to spread God's word!! To tell them of the good news of the death, burial and resurrection of our Saviour!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Offline greencop01

• Longbeard
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2017, 08:54:37 PM »
I will be the first to say that I don't do near enough witnessing to people to try to spread God's word!! To tell them of the good news of the death, burial and resurrection of our Saviour!

Amen Mr. Sharpe.  :jesus-cross:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!