OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

935 patterning issue... please help!

Started by sct146, April 15, 2011, 08:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sct146

I went to pattern my 935 yesterday.  My pattern seems to be high and right of where I'm aiming.  This concerns me because i don't want to have to compensate for the difference every time I get the opportunity to shoot a bird.  My initial thoughts are that maybe I need a new sight. The gun only has one large red fiber optic sight on the front of the barrel.  I know most of the shotguns have at least a front and back fiber optic sight that may help with the alignment to the target.

Has this happened to any else?

Any suggestions for sights?

Any other suggestions?

hunttherut

That is not uncommon.  You need a set of adjustable sites.  There are lots of brands and types out there.  I'm sure you will get a few suggestions.

BHhunter

I had the same problem with a Win 1300 some years ago and missed two birds cause I forgot to adjust in the heat of the moment. I put on a set of rifle style sights and never missed again. I don't think brand is really too relevant, it's the idea of  front and rear sight to line up. Second option is to go all out with a scope. I went the scope route a few years ago and love it. I'll never go back on my turkey gun.

bowhunter84

Quote from: hunttherut on April 15, 2011, 10:23:30 AM
That is not uncommon.  You need a set of adjustable sites.  There are lots of brands and types out there.  I'm sure you will get a few suggestions.
:icon_thumright:

sct146

Thanks for the suggestions.  I went out and bought a truglo pro sight for the gun.  I combined that with a new primo's jellyhead choke on my gun and it is shooting much better.

thanks again for all the input.