OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Steelers/Ravens/NFL

Started by tomstopper, October 01, 2017, 07:13:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

The only problem I would have is if one of those guys knowingly came in on me while I was working a gobbler.  Then it would get ugly!   ;D
Other than that, just another reminder to everyone:  We are all here because of our love of turkey hunting, not because our political views are the same.  My suggestion is to "leave it alone" and stick to turkey hunting!

davisd9

I really do not plan or desire to watch any NFL and have not in quite a few years now.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

silvestris

Can someone explain to me what this NFL thing is?  Is it a playground game played by grown men for enormous sums of money?
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

SteelerFan

My quick 2 cents. Football is a game. It's entertainment to me. It doesn't shape my beliefs or other social opinions.

I did not agree with how the Steelers handled the Chicago game (both on and off the field...lol). However, I listened to what they had to say afterwards. I believe their intentions were sincere. It didn't come across that way - and they explained it.

I'm not going to disown the team for the actions of ONE day. If I disowned friends and family that ticked me off at some point on ONE day - I'd be a lonely hermit.

They should go back to pre 2009 - when EVERY team stayed in the locker room.

Good luck in the treestands and fall turkey woods to all!

**and beating Baltimore in their house was fabulous!!

Old Gobbler

When does turkey season start , I'm tired of this cabin fever bs
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Bowguy

Quote from: idratherb on October 01, 2017, 02:21:22 PM
Send them all to Iraq to play football for a year if they think it's so bad in the USA.
Absolutely agree!!

Chris O

Quote from: C. Brumfiel on October 01, 2017, 10:14:15 AM
I agree with our President, apparently the NFL doesn't need the money of "TRUE AMERICANS" who stand and salute the flag. Good luck finding real jobs boys!
Spot on

Farmboy27

Quote from: Old Gobbler on October 03, 2017, 10:54:40 AM
When does turkey season start , I'm tired of this cabin fever bs
Thank you Shannon!  At least someone feels the the same as me!

turkeyfoot

Quote from: idratherb on October 01, 2017, 02:21:22 PM
Send them all to Iraq to play football for a year if they think it's so bad in the USA.
well said no NFL for me bunch whining babies making millions frees up lot time for more important things like a nap

Twowithone

Im done with the NFL. Im done with the Steelers after the stunt they did and it backfired on them. Now their the tunnel dwellers led by the NFLs biggest rapist Big Ben. you can have em.Sept 29th there was a young guy that took a knee at the Tomb of the unknown soldier that's as low as it goes.Amazing the biggest mouths on this were never in the service period never sacrieficed anything. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.