OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Steelers/Ravens/NFL  (Read 7204 times)

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
Re: Steelers/Ravens/NFL
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2017, 02:31:59 PM »
Send them all to Iraq to play football for a year if they think it's so bad in the USA.
And it's remarks like this that define the problem. Yeah sure you're right, it's probably worse for the general population in Iraq than in the U.S.  But you say this in a way that says because it's worse there it must be all fine and dandy here. It's as if your saying black Americans have nothing to complain about because other people have it worse. Sure other people do have it worse, but discrediting the injustices in this country because other countries have it worse does nothing but escalate the issue.

Offline wvspitndrum

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 02:35:13 PM »
Tomstopper / bowbender , you guys are spot on !!!

Offline nsselle

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 03:51:05 PM »
Marshawn Lynch wears a shirt "everyone vs trump" today.

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 05:38:33 PM »
I won't watch them or buy any of their merchandise. They should do their whining off the field. Statistics don't lie more single run households = higher percentage incarcerated. When people put themselves in bad places with bad playmates I'm sure you tend to have more run ins with the police. At some point they need to quit blaming everyone except for themselves. I myself am tired of hearing it....

Offline perrytrails

• Longbeard
Steelers/Ravens/NFL
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 06:15:38 PM »
I feel the same way guys.

You don't respect your flag or the national anthem choose another country to live in.

I don't care what your protesting, there are other ways to go about it.

Offline BowBendr

• Double Beard
  • North Carolina
Steelers/Ravens/NFL
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 07:32:56 PM »
^^ According to Steeler players though, the vote to stay in was not unanimous. They did not agree as a whole team. ^^

I love how the players are now trying to back-pedal, saying that its not about the flag or anthem. Sure it is, or you would do it at a different time.
I am mainly disgusted because this is all built on a lie. "Hands up dont shoot" never happened. Many black eye witnesses said so. Trevon, Freddie Grey...it was all a lie. Colin K should have been put in his place the moment he put the pink pig socks on...yet the league allowed it. Screw the whole lot of them, im not watching.

You're absolutely right. The vote wasn't unanimous. And that was the decision to stay in the TUNNEL. Villaneuva broke his brothers bond, and went on. He later came to say they planned to come out as team just far enough to see the flag, but was organized by team leaders after the team meeting the previous night. That plan failed and the media chose to put their own twist on the story. While I appreciate his service, he personally felt what he did was wrong, not an act of heroism representing what's right. He PERSONALLY said this, and he without a shadow of a doubt holds guilt for his actions.

And it's not about the flag, if you think it is your certainly part of the problem. There is a legitimate problem in America regarding the way Black Americans are treated, and telling someone not to covey their message because you don't agree with the protest end or the message is wrong. We have right to protest in this country, and if you want to get technical our U.S. Flag code says nothing about standing or holding your hand over your heart, but does in fact say it shouldn't be used in advertisement. No one seems to have a problem with Budweiser's "America" campaign which according to our flag code is measured as great disrespect.

Also if you think C. Kaepernik should have been "put in his place" he deserves to be back in the NFL, he's an excellent athlete that was essentially blackballed for what nearly half the guys in the NFL are now doing with no recourse other than some companies no longer sponsoring them or using them in advertising, which is perfectly okay. All actions have equal and opposite reactions, and both sides have done actions that caused reactions. You must look at this with an open mind to understand the scope of the issue. They truly weren't and aren't protesting the flag, they're protesting America and its extreme lack of realization of its racial problems.

But I stand by original statement that this wouldn't be half the issue it was if it wasn't for the media. Same for the racial tensions, because of media and false reporting, issues get MASSIVELY been blown out of proportion. All this does for America is taking steps backward.

I can guarantee you 100% that I am in no way part if the problem. I am not also here to hold up my token black friends as a sign that I am not racist.
Of course its about the flag and the anthem, Kaepernick said so, I heard it come directly out of his mouth. He said it, not me. If it is not about the anthem then do your protesting some other time. You are the NFL, you don't think that you can get an audience somewhere else ? CNN would probably give you a free hour or two to bring attention to your concerns. How about they all get together and go to Chicago and ask the Mayor about the hundreds of killings there each year that come from other black people. We live in a country of approx. 300million people. If I'm correct, 21 black CRIMINALS were shot by police last year, over 400 whites....stop acting like blacks are being killed en mass...thats just another part of the LIE.....
Im done here, im tired of hearing this bovine excrement....
If you do believe Kaepernick is a great athlete...I got some land to sell you.

Offline donjuan

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 08:20:03 PM »
Everyone should watch Dabo Swinney's comments on the anthem protest
 :police: or  O0 let's treat each other with respect. You can disagree with racism and disrespect of the anthem.
Whoever said you can't kill em from the couch never was good enough to call a gobbler into the living room

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 09:38:11 PM »
If they've got it so bad here, they should go back to Africa. They should take hookedonhooks and anyone one else who makes excuses for them, back with them  Piss on them ungrateful eggplants ;)

Yelp.... You proved my previous point once again. Thanks buddy.

Offline idratherb

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 10:03:01 PM »
 :popcorn: :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2017, 10:04:31 PM »
Also BowBendr, I'm not even going to take the time to chop your quote, but your statistic I can guaruntee is incorrect. Maybe recheck your sources, or do more research, but you'e rather  far from some real numbers. I'm gonna guess you probably heard that on Fox News. Not that any other news outlet is any better, it's just that's the likely source for the statistic you just provided.

Offline compton30

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 10:07:40 PM »
You missed a fine Steeler's  kicking of the Ravens. Le'Veon was a monster, 35 carries for 144 and 2 scores. JuJu is going to be a real player going forward in the slot as well. Great road win for the Black and Gold.

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2017, 11:07:32 PM »
If they've got it so bad here, they should go back to Africa. They should take hookedonhooks and anyone one else who makes excuses for them, back with them  Piss on them ungrateful eggplants ;)

Yelp.... You proved my previous point once again. Thanks buddy.
No problem bud. I'd piss on you democrats anytime.
I'm a proud conservative buddy.. Watch who you're talking to like that, before you know some facts. You're just proving your close mindedness.

I've been nothing but respectful in my comments and this is how you represent the Republican Party I stand for. People like you are the reason liberal/democratic media have a hay day.

And for what's it worth, you'd piss no where but your pants with me. I can also guaruntee that.

Offline Farmboy27

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2017, 06:40:46 AM »
Wow! And I thought the fanning debate was ugly!  Some of you guys better get back out in the woods asap!  You're becoming political analysts, the only profession less honest than politicians themselves.

Offline fallhnt

• Double Beard
  • "So easy a gun hunter can do it"
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2017, 06:52:59 AM »
Kaepernick isn't smart enough to play at the pro level or he would have been on a team before Spring training. You stand to show respect for your Country. Protest on your own time not your employers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Offline VaTuRkStOmPeR

• Longbeard
Steelers/Ravens/NFL
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2017, 07:28:00 AM »
Can someone tell me when it is actually ok for a black man to protest police brutality and inequality in the judiciary system?

I actually just left Charlottesville after meeting up w my wife's fellow alumni at UVA this weekend.  We spent some time on the lawn near the rotunda where according to Trump, some "Very fine men" carried confederate flags, nazi flags and Richard Spencer spoke on white nationalism.  They say Charlottesville was about Robert E Lee's statue removal but the removal of the statue was the catalyst for a more sickening cause to expose itself.

I find it interesting that no one got on here and condemned those guys.

Anyhow, I digress, I guess I hear white people throw around this blanket statement about protesting at the appropriate time or protesting in the appropriate place and I'd just really like to know if any of you guys who actually say things like that can articulate when propriety and protest intersect? I also wonder if any of you guys ever bother to step back and wonder what it's actually like to be black in rural America?