turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fall strutting?

Started by jims, September 28, 2017, 08:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixbird

I've seen them strut at all times of the year. Of course it's more common in the Spring...The other thing is, and I know you're aware, but holding a decoy in the fall up's the danger factor exponentially. There are people who are more than willing to trespass and making yourself a target when any bird is legal seems like a HUGE risk. My advice is get some string and get that decoy away from you. Make it move with the string. I for one don't want to be reading about you. That would be tragic...I know there's a lot of controversy surrounding this issue but take it as an offering. It's just friendly advice...

beakbuster10

I called in two gobblers a few weeks ago while bowhunting whitetails. I heard them gobble so I yelped one time. They came in just like the spring, strutting gobbling and fighting. Pretty cool stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

See em gobble and strut often in the fall, more for dominance between each other than mating but yes they do it
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cottonmouth

From a couple weeks ago in MS.

idgobble

I've often heard gobbling and seen strutting in the Fall.