OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Check Out This Star Dot Pattern From The Moss 835

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, April 14, 2011, 11:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

It don't get much better than this boys!   :z-guntootsmiley:

This was shot today.  Temp was 74 degrees.  

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Gobble!

ILIKEHEVI-13

Thanks men.  You know I would like to see what this gun would do on a 90 degree day with a good load like this one.   :lol:

ILIKEHEVI-13

I was simply amazed with this pattern and the Pure Gold.  Both were shot back to back.  This was the very first shot yesterday out of my gun.  The 2nd was with the Pure Gold.  Go check it out in the thread I posted about Pure Gold.  It's almost as good as this one.  And like I said both were shot back to back(1st and 2nd shot of the day).  I did run a brass brush down the barrel a few times about a week or so ago.  Don't know if it helped or not.  But the temp is the key for these guns and chokes to shoot from my findngs.  That's once you get a good choke and load of course. 

pullit

grousec

Great patterns!!  Longing for some warmer days to pattern my 935.  I have Hevi 13 6's, 7's & Mag Blends, a star dot and a IC and have not patterned either one.

Mike Honcho

I've got similar set up...835 turkey special, polished barrel, star dot , Hevi 13 Mag Blends 3 1/2".

I just got the choke so have not had time to pattern...from this forum I was confident I had a good setup...took a real nice Kansas Eastern last afternoon with it ...11" paintbrush beard, 1"spurs, 18 1/2 lbs. Put him down like a hammer.

goblr77

BHhunter

Can ya send us about 20 degrees and some sun here in SD. Looking at 3" of snow out my window now.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: goblr77 on April 15, 2011, 10:21:53 AM
Nasty pattern. That 28" barrel is smoking.

I just new you were going to like this one.   :icon_thumright:

bbcoach

Well you have answered my question on the Stardot vs Pure Gold question.  It looks as if we have a winner and that is, either one of these chokes will work equally well in the 835.  Those are some excellent numbers!!!!  Only 3 pellets difference in the two chokes is amazing.  I did notice that the Stardot is a little light at the 3 and 9 o'clock position and the Pure Gold seems to be a more even pattern.  I definitely need to get a Stardot and put my Pure Gold against the Stardot, head to head.  Thanks for spending the time, money and SHARING with us.  GREAT PATTERNS!!!!!

surehuntsalot

outstanding
those stardots are bad to the bone in a 835
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: pullit on April 15, 2011, 09:49:25 AM
so you going to sell it? :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

I wouldn't sell that choke for $150.  But for $200 I would that way I could buy a Burris Fast Fire II to put on my 835.   :lol:

But really that Pure Gold .670 shoots I believe right with it.  At least with the 3.5" Hevi-13 #7 loads.