OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone tried Banded line of turkey clothes?

Started by TheSportsman, September 20, 2017, 09:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

Happy

I have a coat of theirs. Not sure if it is in their turkey clothing line. I think it's called the atafalaya or something like that. It is water resistant and comfortable. It is too warm for turkey hunting tho. I used it last year while still - hunting for deer. It has a nice pocket in the small of the back which is handy for a sandwich or so and really comfortable.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Cove

I have the turkey pants. Impressed with initial look. Didn't have the opportunity for any sit time with them before season ended last June. The pants are made of several different materials- the lightest of them is a bit shiny but don't think it'll be an issue b/c its in areas that will most likely not be exposed. Tougher material in the right spots (knees/ rear end). The waist band is pure genius- makes for a perfect fit. I like they incorporated a gaiter at the bottom although with a few changes believe it could have been done better. Ankles are a bit tight to go over boots well enough IMO. They have a nifty zipper to allow you to open the side of the pants leg to allow cooling, pretty neat.  Pocket designs functional and the crotch isn't 3' too long as most pants made now. Overall, I'll give them the  :icon_thumright:.

They still aren't treklites though.

CMBOSTC

Mossy Oak has their light weight Tibbee clothes on sale for $19.99. I have a few pairs myself and the are comparable to the treklites.

Cove

Quote from: C. Brumfiel on September 25, 2017, 02:14:10 PM
Mossy Oak has their light weight Tibbee clothes on sale for $19.99. I have a few pairs myself and the are comparable to the treklites.

Comparable as in maybe they're both available in obsession camo.  :toothy9:

In my opinion, the tibbee is far far far from being treklites. I don't understand why someone wouldn't make them again. $20 is about half price though. . . .

CMBOSTC

Quote from: Cove on September 26, 2017, 04:59:17 PM
Quote from: C. Brumfiel on September 25, 2017, 02:14:10 PM

Comparable as in maybe they're both available in obsession camo.  :toothy9:

In my opinion, the tibbee is far far far from being treklites. I don't understand why someone wouldn't make them again. $20 is about half price though. . . .

They're definitely not treklites, but they're the closest  to the treklites and they don't cost an arm and a leg.

3bailey3

I have a nice black over grey mesh hat from them!