turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ready for Fall

Started by fallhnt, September 15, 2017, 05:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

Checked the .410 pattern and a few public spots. Ready to roll. Lots of acorns dropping too. Remington factory load 7.5

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Farmboy27

Looks like it's good to go!  Not sure how much I'll get after them this fall. The season in my area got cut down to 1 week this year (not a bad thing in my opinion). Given the current population around here right now, I might just the heck with it and concentrate on deer (and getting the crops off!). I will miss it though. Love hunting fall birds!

trkehunr93

Good luck.  Need to start scouting myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double B

Got the calls ready and going after them when season comes in Oct 1 with my crossbow.  Stoked.  Good luck everyone.   :funnyturkey:
Followed by buzzards

Illini Tom

yep, i'm ready to get out in the woods and chase some fall toms oct. 1
hope it cools off some by then
gotta make sure the sniper lite is still dialed in with the gobbler getters

eggshell

Yup me too....starting to get the itch. I have two hens and five poults hanging around the house to keep me entertained. The high command has already issued the edict that those are off limits LOL.

I will hunt gobblers only here at home for a while, maybe late season if no gobbler I'll take a poult jake. Ohio opens October 14 then down to Ky end of October for a week.

I enjoy fall hunting as much if not more than spring. You can mess with a bunch of birds in the fall, I never get in a hurry to fill my tag at home. Besides a lot of birds talking you rarely see anyone in the woods, they are all chasing deer.

On the deer note southern Ohio is getting slammed by EHD/ aka blue tongue. Farmers are finding dead deer everywhere! I was seeing 8-10 in my fields every day and today I saw one lone doe. I think it's gonna be an ugly loss.

idratherb

Never heard of blue tongue

BigSlam51

Quote from: eggshell on September 16, 2017, 01:47:58 PM
Yup me too....starting to get the itch. I have two hens and five poults hanging around the house to keep me entertained. The high command has already issued the edict that those are off limits LOL.

I will hunt gobblers only here at home for a while, maybe late season if no gobbler I'll take a poult jake. Ohio opens October 14 then down to Ky end of October for a week.

I enjoy fall hunting as much if not more than spring. You can mess with a bunch of birds in the fall, I never get in a hurry to fill my tag at home. Besides a lot of birds talking you rarely see anyone in the woods, they are all chasing deer.

On the deer note southern Ohio is getting slammed by EHD/ aka blue tongue. Farmers are finding dead deer everywhere! I was seeing 8-10 in my fields every day and today I saw one lone doe. I think it's gonna be an ugly loss.
I'm also from Ohio. I have buddies in Jefferson and columbiana counties that have found a ton of dead bucks.

mgm1955

mtns2hunt

Hay just mowed and birds all over the feilds chasing bugs. Run card out in one of my cams. I like to caall to them when deer hunting with my crossbow. Killed two that way last year. Could have killed a third but wanted to use tag in Spring. I ended up eating it. LOL
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.