OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Who else agrees no place for alcohol and firearms in a gun related ad?

Started by Mike Honcho, September 15, 2017, 11:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Honcho

All,  Yesterday I was on Facebook and was startled and disgusted by a Facebook post by a well known maker of pistol grips and accessories, VZ Grips. Website www.vzgrips.com.  I like their products and follow the company on Facebook.  The Facebook post showed a nearly empty bottle of bourbon, a .45 acp cartridge, a near empty glass of bourbon and a Colt 1911 type pistol.  Their premise was it had been a difficult time for them as they are located in Florida and the hurricane had affected their businesses.

I do not believe there is EVER a situation in which a company in the firearms accessories business should put a photograph like this on their website, Instagram , Facebook etc.  I viewed their website and the photo is still up today... its in a rotation on the right side of the homepage listed Instagram.  It may take a couple of minutes to see it as several photos scroll thru.  I used the Contact Us feature on the top of their homepage to email them and asked them to remove it.  They did remove the Facebook post yesterday.

I would not want my 17,18 and 19 year old grandsons I am teaching safe and responsible gun handling and owning practices to, to see this type of marketing. If you agree please see for yourself on their website and use the Contact Us feature to share your opinion.

Thank you.

Tail Feathers

Booze and guns don't mix.  It's not good to have an ad glamorizing mixing the two.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

FL-Boss

Probably not the best idea.  But as someone in the thick of this mess right now, I say give them a pass this week. This entire state looks like a Baghdad war zone right now.  Guns, whiskey...and chain saws are essential this week..

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: FL-Boss on September 15, 2017, 01:28:21 PM
Probably not the best idea.  But as someone in the thick of this mess right now, I say give them a pass this week. This entire state looks like a Baghdad war zone right now.  Guns, whiskey...and chain saws are essential this week..
x2 ..Its sounds like an add sharing they are going through a rough time. I think maybe your reading to much into it. If you think your not just don't patronage them. My son's 13 and I've done my groundwork with him. Ive taught him to the point with gun safety hes almost too safe. I wouldn't worry im sure you have taught them whats acceptable and whats not. Life whether we like it or not is  full of temptations and incidences like this that's why as parents or grandparents it's essential to teach right from wrong...Just my opinion...

Farmboy27

I definitely agree that guns and booze don't mix. But if someone has been taught anything about safety(guns, driving, power tools, etc) they should already know that. And no advertisement in the world should make them think otherwise. If an advertisement makes you do something foolish, then you probably would have done something foolish on your own anyway.

trkehunr93

Probably should have been thought out a little better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Honcho

Appreciate everyone's comments...I still stand by my convictions that there's no place for portraying alcohol and guns in a public media forum if you are in the firearms or firearms accessories business...period.

Businesses should have the common sense, moral character and good business ethics that something like this shouldn't even be considered, much less shared with the public and customers. 

I was not the only person who was disappointed by this companies postings...I saw Instagram responses from others who basically said "looks like your promoting suicide".