turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Marlin Watkins - I'm next!!!!!

Started by Grey Owl, September 16, 2017, 02:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Owl

Got a text from Marlin Watkins today. I've been in the line up for a while and now I'm up to bat!

Getting sound files tomorrow!!!!

Clardh

Exciting times my friend, exciting times. What combo?

davisd9

That Bloodwood/Apple is just nasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Will

greencop01

Congrats, whatever combo it is, it will be all turkey from Marlin. You will not be disappointed. Marlin is one of the best.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

KentuckyHeadhunter

Don't forget his adjustable trumpets are incredibly versatile and sound great too. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Coop1082

Congrats! I'm supposed to be up to bat sometime around December! Initially had plans to get a mora/butternut but after hearing that bloodwood/apple on his Facebook page I'm hoping that's one of the few he sends a soundfile of when my time comes! That thing is just RIDICULOUSLY good!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

vt35mag

Congrats!  Being next on Marlins list, is like Christmas Eve when you were 8yrs old.

I received my two calls from Marlin on Saturday.  One was snakewood over wormy mineral stained butternut and the other was bloodwood over beech.  Got on his list for three more...

sixbird

Every time I order from Marlin, I have a certain wood combination in mind and I nearly always end up with something completely different...HAH! They all sound so good, I think you could just close your eyes and point and you'd have a fabulous call...You won't be disappointed. I can say that with high confidence!

Grey Owl

Of the combinations he offered me I chose to go with blue mahoe with mora.

vt35mag

Quote from: Grey Owl on September 19, 2017, 02:19:47 PM
Of the combinations he offered me I chose to go with blue mahoe with mora.

Great choice! You will not be disappointed.

mgm1955

Will

Yes that Mora makes for great sound. My Mora and Butternut is top notch.

1iagobblergetter

Congrats!!When you get it post up some pictures for the rest of us call junkies  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: Love seeing craftsmanship at its finest...