OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Bout that time  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
Bout that time
« on: September 11, 2017, 07:30:58 PM »
These cool days and cold mornings are making me think it's about time for some arrow slinging. I blew out a limb on the old bowtech so I had to get a set of barnesdale limbs to put on her. This was a summer project and after putting the limbs on, complete with new string and cables I took it up to the neighbors and let him shoot it.  :) Once he confirmed it was indeed safe I tuned her up and shot a warmup set with a broadhead and some field tips for reference. Be ready in a few weeks to maybe put some meat in the freezer. I am fresh out of burger. It isnt turkey hunting but it beats staying inside.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline mgm1955

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Bout that time
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 11:39:05 PM »
Good luck!!

Offline chadly

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 10:14:15 AM »
Good luck.  The arrow flinging has commenced here too.  Youth season starts Saturday. 

Offline Coop1082

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 10:59:05 AM »
Right there with you brother! Turkey hunting takes the forefront for me but bow hunting is a very very very close second! Usually shoot year 'round here but come September it gets serious!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 11:29:18 AM »
Good luck Happy...fall is almost here....

Offline TalksToTurkeys

• Longbeard
  • Lycoming Co. Pa.
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 12:47:47 PM »
Nice looking bow Happy, but your group is terrible, look at how your arrows are scattered all over the target. Maybe you should move a little closer and try again. :TooFunny:

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
Bout that time
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 01:00:31 PM »
I would get closer but I am worried the arrow won't be off the string before it hits the target.  :D

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline TalksToTurkeys

• Longbeard
  • Lycoming Co. Pa.
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 01:27:05 PM »
 :you_rock:

Offline Farmboy27

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 04:18:16 PM »
Definitely ready for some deer hunting!  I always said that nothing could complete with turkey hunting.  But given the current population of turkey around here, I'll take deer hunting any day of the week. At least I don't have to feel guilty when I shoot a deer! 

Offline daddyduke

• Double Beard
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 04:41:06 PM »
Here in Indiana, fall archery for turkey and deer come in on October 1. I'm ready to get out and take which ever one happens by.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Offline Double B

• Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 06:43:29 PM »
I hear that, fellow Hoosier here Daddyduke.  Can't wait to get going!   I got the Excalibur crossbow out over the weekend and shot a few times at yardage and wow it's accurate.   Will be shooting heavy Slick tricks again this year.  Also reloading and sighting in some big medicine for later.    :fud:
Followed by buzzards

Offline compton30

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 10:07:15 PM »
Two weeks and change until the PA Archery Opener and I'm ready for some stand time. Looking to get a couple does on the ground early. Last year I was tagged out on Election Day, earliest I've been outta tickets to punch on whitetails. Man is that the way to do it!

Offline NCbowjunkie

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 11:48:15 PM »
Our archery season started this past Saturday. I have not had a chance to go yet, busy making calls and it has been wet for the past two days. My nephew has missed a 7 pt and did shoot a doe. I used to take. off work for a few days to hunt, now retired I thought I would be in the woods more NOT! Good luck to you guys.