News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Base Layers for Tall Folks?

Started by gatrapper, September 11, 2017, 10:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Hey Y'all,

I am 6'3 225lb and I'm looking for a good top and bottom base layer set to wear in the stand this year.

I have ordered pairs from Cabelas previously and their "tall" version of base layers are still very short.

Can anyone recommend a good base layer set?
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

bobk

I am 6' 5" 265 lbs.  LL Beans "tall"  base layer tops and bottoms works well for me.

idratherb

Bob did you play football for anyone, holy smokes youre a big dude

bobk

A knee problem put a end to my football days. Tough game, looking back lucky it was just a knee.

Yoder409

Not a monster, but 6'2" 230 .........

I layer my base layers.

Team Realtree heavyweight tops and bottoms from Wally World against the skin.
Easton Core 4 Element Mid-Mountain top
A polypropylene sleeveless union suit from Sportsman's Guide over that

The union suit eliminates your tops and bottoms from separating during movement and giving you the cold draft up the back.

I stay VERY cozy.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Swampchickin234

Long sleeve carhart 3 button t shirt tall, fleece vest, jacket.  Can't beat it.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdirks

I'm 6'-6" 310lbs and I wear Under Armour Cold Gear and Base Layer 2.0 and 4.0 and it works fine for me. I do abunch of upland bird hunting and the stuff never binds me up or chafes me. It is warm if worn correctly and extra warm if you wear Cold Gear under the Base Layer 4.0. The key is to wear it on your skin, no cotton underwear. Other than that I layer some wool and fleece on top of that. Bibs and Parka to top things off.

drenalinld

I have good luck with the Cabelas tall base layers at 6' 4" and 270. I am guessing the XL pant and XXL shirt are longer than the sizes you might wear at 225 though.  The biggest issue for me has always been the top coming out of the pants if I am sitting and this stinks if you have wind at your back. I keep looking at the union suit styles in tall but have not tried them yet. The Under Armor 3.0 and 4.0 even though not offered in tall versions seems to fit well in my size.