OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Going out of business  (Read 2518 times)

Offline blacky

Going out of business
« on: September 05, 2017, 05:56:14 PM »
To my family, my friends and customers of Gene's Turkey Calls,

Father Time has caught up with me as far as operating my call business. Because of loss of muscle strength in my right arm and leg, I can no longer manage the equipment required to manufacture calls.

Therefore, I am shutting down my call business. When the time runs out this month on my web site it will no longer be online. I still have some calls that I would like to sell. The site will be online for another 2 weeks or so. 

I want to thank everyone who has supported me in this venture for the past 39 years. That includes people who I have never met but consider them to be friends. Some of you I have known for a long time and have had the great pleasure to hunt with some of you. My wife and children have put up with a lot and I appreciate them so much.

Please don't be a stranger with email or facebook.

Gene Blackshire
A  full line of calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

Offline KentuckyHeadhunter

• Double Beard
Re: Going out of business
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 06:11:38 PM »
39 years is a heck of a run!  I'm sorry to hear about the physical challenges that have affected your craft.  I wish you the best of luck and health. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 06:26:03 PM »
39 years is a heck of a run!  I'm sorry to hear about the physical challenges that have affected your craft.  I wish you the best of luck and health.
  X2

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 07:00:31 PM »

X 3  :cross2:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline bbcustomboxcalls

• Longbeard
  • Look good sound great!
    • BB Custom Box Calls
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 07:22:05 PM »
Sorry to hear about your health Gene. Good luck in the future and we will miss your call making skills.

Bill
bbcustomboxcalls

Offline greencop01

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 07:26:50 PM »
x4   :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an 
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Offline Spring Creek Calls

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Spring Creek Turkey Calls
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 08:23:11 PM »
Best of luck to you Gene. 39 years is quite an accomplishment.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Offline West Augusta

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • West By God Virginia
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 08:55:13 PM »
Gene, it was a pleasure meeting you about 10 years ago at the Charleston Deer and Turkey Show.  I bought a cedar slate call from you.  Still got it and still use it from time to time.  Take care my friend and enjoy your retirement.   :boon: :boon: :boon:  Stand tall Mountaineer, you had a great career as a West Virginia call maker.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Offline maytom

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 12:17:04 AM »
Sorry to hear that Gene!! I still have a couple of your glass calls from many years ago!!

Offline grayfox

• Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 12:24:35 AM »
Very sorry to hear about your health issues Gene. I bought a slate call from you a few years ago. Couldn't believe you could get such a quality call for that price. Best of luck to you in the future & God bless you buddy.

Offline Tail Feathers

• Limbhanger
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 02:18:57 PM »
Hate that it has to happen Blacky.  I've enjoyed one of your glass calls with a group photo inside for many years   It was a gift and is a treasured momento.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

CMBOSTC

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 03:15:57 PM »
Sorry to hear that Gene, but you still have us and this site to visit and get your turkey call fix. Keep us updated and good luck!

Offline firedup

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 10:40:36 PM »
39 years is amazing Gene! I know you have battled the physical problems for several years. Longer than most would for sure and you keep right on going. Heck of a fight you made!  Your contributions will be missed. But the people you have helped and inspired along the way are too many to list. And I speak from personal experience in that regard. My most heart felt thank you old friend. Best wishes for whatever it is that you "get into next!" Lol!
LT

Offline ccleroy

• Longbeard
    • Spring Allure Custom Calls
Going out of business
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 03:30:21 AM »
God bless sir!!!