OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Single shots. Let me see yours

Started by shedhunta, August 31, 2017, 09:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shedhunta

Thinking of making one into a turkey gun. Would love to see others.  Plan on getting barrel chopped and threaded.  What length have you found to be ideal?  Thinking NEF Pardner or H&R topper in 20 gauge.  Any input is appreciated. 

Thx
Shedhunta

JHoyle

Yildiz 410 barrel cut and threaded by Sumtoy and ff mount. Burris ff2 shooting 13/16 of Tss 10s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shedhunta

Quote from: JHoyle on August 31, 2017, 10:38:00 PM

Yildiz 410 barrel cut and threaded by Sumtoy and ff mount. Burris ff2 shooting 13/16 of Tss 10s.

Very nice.  How short did you cut it

JHoyle

nitro

1958 Savage 220 - 20 gauge.. all magic was performed by William Lambert at Sumtoy. It's a great shooter..
Royal Slam 2008

joeturkey

Quote from: shedhunta on September 01, 2017, 07:31:40 AM
Quote from: JHoyle on August 31, 2017, 10:38:00 PM

Very nice.  How short did you cut it
Here's mine cva 410 Hunter had it threaded by sumtoy for his choke drilled and tapped for sumtoy mount and Burris fast fire have not shot it yet .

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

paboxcall

H&R, 12 gauge, sights added by SumToy. 24" factory length barrel, factory dip original Bottomland. Shoot Hevi 3" #7 through a JH .660. I wish I had William take a few inches off the end though when he had it there. Prefer a shorter barrel.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Grouse870

I'm kinda excited to see the new Henry single shot when it comes out. I like how all of them come with screw in choke tube the 12 and 20 use R.E.M. Chokes and the 410 comes with invector chokes. https://www.henryusa.com/shotgun/single-shot-shotgun/

Fox Fire

Cool thread, love me a single shot, am contemplating a 20ga 37a Ive had put up for some time, also love a .410 and is nice to see them in the field now days.

treein dixie

Quote from: paboxcall on September 01, 2017, 08:28:59 PM

H&R, 12 gauge, sights added by SumToy. 24" factory length barrel, factory dip original Bottomland. Shoot Hevi 3" #7 through a JH .660. I wish I had William take a few inches off the end though when he had it there. Prefer a shorter barrel.

Had one of those and it would shoot 3 1/2 but I was only stupid enough to shoot it once then once more with a 3'' then it found a new home!  Loved the light weight and the color but not for the GOD awful beating it give you!

joeturkey

Quote from: treein dixie on January 06, 2018, 05:41:12 AM
Quote from: paboxcall on September 01, 2017, 08:28:59 PM

Had one of those and it would shoot 3 1/2 but I was only stupid enough to shoot it once then once more with a 3'' then it found a new home!  Loved the light weight and the color but not for the GOD awful beating it give you!
Here's another H&R in 20 Ga shoot great with heavyweight # 7

the Ward

Some real good looking single shooters! That last one with the straight English grip is really sweet!

paboxcall

I bought this same gun when it brand new, and did the same. Shot it four times using 3.5" and traded it the following year for a 12 gauge pump.

I never thought to shoot a 3" shell through it before trading it. I regretted it immediately. I missed the light weight.

I found this one for sale online a couple years ago, and I hit the buy now button. The pump gun in my backup, and this single goes everywhere. Shooting 3" through this little gun isn't terrible. Nothing like an 835 wallop.

I just wish it was a 20 ga like the one above, smaller and lighter - that is awesome!
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

joeturkey

Quote from: paboxcall on January 06, 2018, 12:31:25 PM

I bought this same gun when it brand new, and did the same. Shot it four times using 3.5" and traded it the following year for a 12 gauge pump.

I never thought to shoot a 3" shell through it before trading it. I regretted it immediately. I missed the light weight.

I found this one for sale online a couple years ago, and I hit the buy now button. The pump gun in my backup, and this single goes everywhere. Shooting 3" through this little gun isn't terrible. Nothing like an 835 wallop.

I just wish it was a 20 ga like the one above, smaller and lighter - that is awesome!
Here's another one in 410 Ga just got it together cva Hunter Williams choke and mount with Burris fast fire shooting apex Tss 3 inch fantastic patterns at 35 yds.

BottomLand54

Here is my T/C encore pro hunter turkey 20 gauge, i run a Carlson .575 non ported choke with 3" federal heavy weight 7s boy it's nasty. Has a eabco rail specifically made for this gun, along with a burris ff3. It's allot money for a single shot but man it's extremely light and it's like shooting a .22 as far as recoils is concerned. I am contemplations selling it to go automatic 20 gauge route but I don't know..... I like itttttt. The Gun is built to such tight tolerances it's really nice.