OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Second Hand Personalized Calls

Started by crenshawco, August 29, 2017, 09:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crenshawco

When y'all buy personalized calls second hand like in the classifieds, do you ever reach out to the callmaker about changing it? Or does the personalization affect value? I may be weird, but that's always been something I've thought about when looking at personalized calls.

1iagobblergetter

If I purchased a call with someone else's name on it I wouldn't have a problem contacting the maker to see if they could or would remove the previous owners name of course willing to pay for them to do it..

Chris O

A lot of custom recurves and longbows have been personalized and sold and they started making cover up stickers to hide the previous owners name. I don't know if you could find anything like that to work for you or not.Other than that I would say contact the maker

jed clampett

Really doesn't bother me on boxes...still sound the same..with my name or somebody elses

Dr Juice

Quote from: jed clampett on August 29, 2017, 01:27:07 PM
Really doesn't bother me on boxes...still sound the same..with my name or somebody elses
^^^^This

Yelper

I ask the call maker to not personalize the call. Not sure why it seems that the box calls are always personalized, pot calls are not.

jimmy w

I know myself don't want one with someone else's name on it but that's just how I feel.If it was one I had to have I would contact the builder like others have mentioned.

jed clampett

It's just a personal thing....kinda like pot calls..i don't want to buy one with the whole surface scratched up...but it still sounds the same!