OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who's watching the fight tomorrow?

Started by Fieldturkey, August 25, 2017, 08:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fieldturkey

Coop1082

I am just because. More excited about Triple G and Canelo though! I'll just echo what everyone else is pretty much saying. Mayweather by KO somewhere around round 5-7. McGregor won't touch him solidly and when he wears down, Mayweather will go to work as per usual. That all said it would be fairly entertaining to see McGregor get flustered and resort to a scissor kick to arm bar combo before anyone could blink.  :popcorn:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

HookedonHooks

I'm thinking its gonna be a fight... But Mayweather will likely take the upper hand.

I'm gonna be watching it and might make a small wager on it as well....

Anyone wanna gamble calls?

Jbird22

I plan on watching!!! I just hope Conor continues to prove himself right!

nsselle

I am. I predict McGregor gets disqualified. so frustrated that he can't land a punch, lock up with Floyd and end up throwing a knee out of basic instict.

Jbird22

Quote from: Coop1082 on August 25, 2017, 08:26:54 PM
I am just because. More excited about Triple G and Canelo though! I'll just echo what everyone else is pretty much saying. Mayweather by KO somewhere around round 5-7. McGregor won't touch him solidly and when he wears down, Mayweather will go to work as per usual. That all said it would be fairly entertaining to see McGregor get flustered and resort to a scissor kick to arm bar combo before anyone could blink.  :popcorn:
Are you old enough to remember the last time Mayweather knocked out someone?  :TooFunny:

Fieldturkey

I think Mcgreggor is going to be so different from anything Mayweather has ever seen that he may just have a chance. It only takes one. I can't stand Mayweather so I hope he gets rocked.

Yoder409

Somebody asked me a couple days ago who was going to win...............  McGregor or Mayweather ??

I said "who are they playing ?"

Never heard of ether of them......................... suppose I won't be watching.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Jbird22

Quote from: Fieldturkey on August 25, 2017, 08:35:00 PM
I think Mcgreggor is going to be so different from anything Mayweather has ever seen that he may just have a chance. It only takes one. I can't stand Mayweather so I hope he gets rocked.
Where's the like button?!?!  :icon_thumright:

nsselle

How could he be different? Its boxing not MMA.  He made Canelo look ridiculous.  McGregor has taken the ring without ever fighting a professional boxing match in his life.  Let alone he is facing the most defensive boxer of our generation. I really dont care who wins but I think McGregor has taken more than he can chew here. I mean he can only use 1 weapon, not his entire arsenal. We will find out soon enough.

Coop1082

The cheap shot against Ortiz? Was fairly young at the ripe age of 21 for that one, but do remember it.  I don't claim to know much about boxing. Dad has always watched so I've always tuned in and keep up with it fairly regularly. I'm having to side with nsselle here. McGregor is outclassed in this one...I personally don't care for either of them at the end of the day. Just my 2 cents that's usually not worth too much! Haha
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

BowBendr

I saw today that one of the bigger betting lines is for the fight to end in a DQ. It would not surprise me one bit to see Mayweather run him to death for a while...McGreggor gets frustrated, then hauls off and kicks him.

Fieldturkey

Jbird22

I'll never give Mayweather credit for the cheapshot KO vs Ortiz in 2011. Prior to that, his last KO was in 2007 (when he was 31, not knocking on 41). I don't see him KO'ing Conor (he might but I just don't see it). If it goes 12, he will outpoint Conor no doubt about that. The only shot Conor has is if Mayweather gets stupid and takes the fight to Conor early on. That's when Conor could possibly catch him with a strong left counter. Personally, I think Mayweather will keep PLENTY of distance between him and Conor for 6 or 7 rounds in hopes of Conor's stamina not holding out. He has a chance to make history as the first boxer to retire 50-0. IMO he will not/should not take that kind of risk when he knows he will "out-box" him in the long run. Still, EVERY OUNCE of me is hoping that Conor will beat the brakes off of Mayweather's woman-beating self!!!

BTW, I'd love to see him head kick Mayweather but there's no way he does that knowing a 7 FIGURE FINE awaits him if he does.

Chris O

Quote from: Jbird22 on August 25, 2017, 08:40:43 PM
Where's the like button?!?!  :icon_thumright:
x3