OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dymondwood blanks

Started by Browning87, August 25, 2017, 01:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Browning87

I'm looking to find a few dymondwood striker blanks. Let me know if you have any you're willing to part with
Thanks,
Brandon

Disney

From what I have been told there will never be any more dymondwood. The factory burned down. There are alternatives such as webwood and a few others, which also have extra compressed resins similar to dymondwood. I consider it just like a generic form. Some people are ok with the alternatives while other people refuse to use it. I guess it's each man for himself on this decision.

I have also seen dymondwood advertised and upon investigation with the seller, I was told it was webwood, the seller was adamant that it was the same quality as dymondwood. All I can say is try it for yourself. You may or may not like it.
Maker of Timber Tune Custom made pot calls. Fine domestic and beautiful exotic wood.
timbertunes126@gmail.com

mastevt

Quote from: Disney on September 03, 2017, 01:57:31 AM
From what I have been told there will never be any more dymondwood. The factory burned down. There are alternatives such as webwood and a few others, which also have extra compressed resins similar to dymondwood. I consider it just like a generic form. Some people are ok with the alternatives while other people refuse to use it. I guess it's each man for himself on this decision.

I have also seen dymondwood advertised and upon investigation with the seller, I was told it was webwood, the seller was adamant that it was the same quality as dymondwood. All I can say is try it for yourself. You may or may not like it.

You are correct!  Plant burned down several years ago.  They did not rebuild.  The recipe for there product is proprietary and is not duplicated.  I know of 1 suplier out their that advertises DW peg material for strikers.  I bought some.  It is NOT DW!  It does however sound ok.  I just tell my customers it's just a laminate.   I have a fair amount od DW that I got before they burned down, but it's not.for sale.  It's only for when a customers who request it.  It's too bad they didn't rebuild.  They had a good product.  But I understand the reasons why they didnt.  The hoops they had to jump thru for the government was outrageous!  EPA bs at their finest!

NCbowjunkie

I'm like mastevt, I've been building bows for a good while, when I heard that the plant burned down ,I got on the phone and bought all I could, tried to buy all one supplier had, but he told me he had to keep some for a bigger customer, Black Widow Bows. I have some 2"X 12" boards 36" long. I do use a small amount for strikers. But the rest is for bow builds. The stuff you get now that claims to be Dymondwood is not the same.

jjnfla

Pm me i got a bunch of Real dymondwood blanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

ridgerunner

I buy diamond wood blanks whenever I need em..they are around