OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What are your off season Pickups and Your Reccomendations?

Started by beardhunter87, August 24, 2017, 12:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beardhunter87

I picked up alot this off season and still some on the way from both these guys. Longnecker and Roberts, but these calls right here I can't get enough of! Highly recommend the Roberts Maple Aluminum over Slate(2sider) I don't hear enough about it it's a killer, Roberts Walnut and Mahoe Bronzed Glass/ Aluminum, Roberts Osage Aluminum Aluminum, Longnecker Padauk Bronzed Glass Aluminum and last but not least Longnecker last slate he made from Zebrawood over Glass. Thanks for the look :funnyturkey: What's your off season pick ups and reccomendations to us that you wish you had last season?!!

Coop1082

I've bought my share post-season as well. Right now as it stands my favorite so far are Brad's blue mahoe bronzed glass/aluminum, Jimmy's Flame Elder crystal (possibly my favorite crystal I own now), Longnecker's wenge stoned aluminum, and a Dawkins stoned aluminum in a plastic pot. I was late to the party on the Dawkins plastic but I'm very glad to own one now. Shocked at the sound and ease of play from it. The fact it's perfect for foul weather makes it all the better. Got quite a few more on the way from Brad, Lon, Longnecker, etc but as it stands those are the ones I'm liking the most right now.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

eorlando

That's quite the haul there TJ. Congrats

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

List is far too long name everything I've acquired this summer..... Here soon I will be posting up all my Schaffers to see if anyone has something I don't that they may want to sell to me though. :funnyturkey:

KYTURKEY

I've not picked up much so far, but I have gotten a black acrylic crystal/aluminum by Lonzo. A bloodwood/butternut short box, a bloodwood/blue mahoe long box,  both from Frank Kruer. I am also waiting on 2 copper pots made by Frank, that I got second hand. I am anxious to get the pots, to me, they are the best copper pots I've ever ran. He doesn't make them anymore, so I was super excited I got these two.

Patrick

mgm1955

Congrats on the pots Patrick. For sure a collector item.
  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

dixiemagnum80

I've picked up a few. Trying to get my collection going but I'm a little slow on the trigger. I got a sapele aluminum, atomic 13, prototype, FBE crystal, and a FBE/blue mahoe with a one piece dymondwood striker from Mr. Jimmy Shaffer, a Lonzo acrylic aluminum, a second hand Sneed Hot hen and an older 3" slate from Lonnie that's really cool, a Roberts blue mahoe bronze glass, a snakewood Lil' Hussy from Chris Brumfiel, a bloodwood/butternut and a purple heart/butternut scratcher from Lonnie Gilbert, a sweetlips from Ted Peters, and of course a scratcher and my 4 cherished SS pots that you guys kindly let go of :z-guntootsmiley: I'm still waiting on a Daybreak padauk ceramic, an Eddie Wynne persimmon slate, and I'm 6 months into my wait for 5 calls from Lonnie Sneed........every day I run to the mailbox :emoticon-cartoon-012:

Jroddc

I picked up a few calls from Jimmy Schaffer. Prototype crystal, flame elder crystal, and atomic 13. Waiting on a snakewood over butternut longbox from Jeff Mckamey.

sixbird

I've bought WAY too many but a couple that are interesting me right now are a rosewood over teak Richard Hudson mini hen box, a Scott Bayshore limited edition cedar scratcher, a couple of Ed Fultcher trough calls (one curly Hawiian koa slate and one curly red heart aluminum) and a Shannon Kelly snakewood with ebony diamond inlay push pin...I bought a bunch more and love most of them but these have piqued my interest...Another one that's in process is a little scratcher that Ed Terefenko's son Michael is making for me (actually two of them). That little fella' makes one of the sweetest little scratchers I've ever played...Not a great little scratcher for a ten year old. A great little scratcher from anybody, of any age! Played one at Turkey Trot. That boy has it DOWN!

beardhunter87

That's awesome guys! Ya I have picked up way too many to list. But recently I've taken a like to my Van Cise Snakewoods and My scratchers as they are so realistic. Jeff White scratchers are where it's at guys. Also my Longnecker Wenge Aluminum is amazing. Prototype from  Brad Roberts is almost here too ????