turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

About done

Started by Happy, August 21, 2017, 08:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

Caught this fella enjoying his blackberries too much. He seemed a little embarrassed to have let someone get this close to him. Looks like the antlers are about done growing out.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Farmboy27

Around here, he would be nice buck. I sure wouldn't think twice about it. Of course, they never act like that in hunting season!  Lol

Happy

Believe me he is nice for around here as well. Didn't get a good picture of his buddy as he was further back but he was a bit bigger than this one. Very few bucks make it past 2.5 years old round here.

mgm1955

1iagobblergetter

I'd have to let him grow up,but whatever makes HAPPY HAPPY! Good luck if you try to let him have it...

BigSlam51

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on August 21, 2017, 11:36:10 PM
I'd have to let him grow up,but whatever makes HAPPY HAPPY! Good luck if you try to let him have it...
X2!

Happy

I am not going to hunt him as he is behind my house. He gets a pass from me. I am not a trophy hunter when it comes to deer though. I hunt for the experience and for the meat. No offense to the trophy guys it just ain't my style to obsess about how much bone is on one's head. It's a pretty good bet he won't make it through October though. I wish him and his buddy good luck.

tha bugman

caught a doe in the pea patch this morning.  They have not bothered it all year and it was done anyway...feel free to eat all you want it means less I have to clean up.

KentuckyHeadhunter

The true trophy is the actual hunt itself not the animal harvested.  That's just a bonus.  It's a shame bucks don't live longer around where you live.  Meat hunters and trophy hunters are like Republicans and Democrats (not in any order).  Vast ethical differences.  I'm glad we ALL still have the freedom to hunt though.  I truly believe we are part of a dying generation.  Thanks for sharing that pic.  And good luck this season.  Go bust you some backstraps!
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

RutnNStrutn

Happy

I have been furtunate and killed several nice bucks (for the area). To me the thrill is getting close and sealing the deal. I have no land that I hunt that is trophy managed and any buck that has 3" long spikes or more is legally fair game from our regulations standpoint. I prefer not to use bait, or trail cameras. I have much more respect for a 3.5 year old, 120" buck  that has been a target his whole life as compared to a 170", 5 year old that has been supplement fed and given a free pass until he is "big enough". I get very limited time to hunt in the fall due to my children being in sports and being involved with my family will always be top priority #1. So I have to be pretty efficient with my hunting in order to fill the freezer. We love deer meat. It is nice and organic and way better for a person than mass raised beef. When the kids are grown up and gone that perspective will probably change and I will be more selective. But for now it works for me. Always try and get some in the cross hairs for my kids also. That's a blast. I am not knocking trophy hunting at all. It's just not who I am. I will try and kill I nice one but I am more than pleased with a full freezer

tomstopper