OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Snake wood strikers

Started by Chris O, August 19, 2017, 10:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridgerunner

I don't find snakewood to be any better than the average striker...Tulipwood, purpleheart, Ipe and yellowheart are better strikers to me than snakewood IMO.

Chris O

Quote from: ridgerunner on August 22, 2017, 11:40:12 AM
I don't find snakewood to be any better than the average striker...Tulipwood, purpleheart, Ipe and yellowheart are better strikers to me than snakewood IMO.
that is what I was wondering I'm sure they are good but are they Better than all the others.At least they are pretty anyway thanks for your input

davisd9

It is a great all around striker.  It will play alright on slate but not my favorite on that surface.  It will really make a crystal or glass call sing. My Fowler Snakewood is my primary striker cause my Loftis Screamer is my primary pot call.

Black Locust is another great all around striker.  I prefer strikers that play all the surfaces I carry well, that way in the heat of the moment I can just grab and be good to go.  I do carry one or two strikers that is for just one surface but they are in a pocket that I know what I am grabbing.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Chris O

Quote from: davisd9 on August 22, 2017, 01:37:13 PM
It is a great all around striker.  It will play alright on slate but not my favorite on that surface.  It will really make a crystal or glass call sing. My Fowler Snakewood is my primary striker cause my Loftis Screamer is my primary pot call.

Black Locust is another great all around striker.  I prefer strikers that play all the surfaces I carry well, that way in the heat of the moment I can just grab and be good to go.  I do carry one or two strikers that is for just one surface but they are in a pocket that I know what I am grabbing.
this is how I like to roll also I could narrow my favorites down to 5 probably. Osage,hickory,carbon for wet,bloodwood and a new one for me is tulipwood. I rotate calls and strikers about every day I hunt. I always have 1 slate and something else and a few strikers to change stuff up along with mouth calls. Thanks for your input