OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Looking for Mossberg SA-20 info  (Read 3224 times)

Offline captpete

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
Looking for Mossberg SA-20 info
« on: August 19, 2017, 10:02:04 AM »
I just bought a Mossberg SA-20 Bantam for the wife. I'm going to put a reddot/halographic sight on it for her. Looking for mounting options other drilling & tapping the receiver. I looked for a B-Square saddle mount and didn't see any...which I really don't care for the them. Ideas??

Also what chokes have been producing well in these guns? She will only be shooting 30-35yrds max. Probably be shooting Federal HW 7's.

Offline falltoms

Re: Looking for Mossberg SA-20 info
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 07:04:44 PM »
I bought a mossy 500 super bantum for my daughter a few months ago. 20 gauge. I got a Carlsons 575: non ported choke. It's shoots the federal heavyweights very well. I also tried the hevishot #7 and like the pattern as well.

Offline captpete

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 08:32:36 AM »
Thanks for the info.

Anybody have any info/ideas for mounting a red dot without drilling & tapping?

Offline Dtrkyman

• Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 11:23:36 AM »
why not drill and tap? Only need 2 hole for a small mount for a reflex type sight. Or get a set of rifle type sights, magnum gobble dots or similar. That's what I have on mine, i shoot hand loaded tss from the factory tube.

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 09:28:30 AM »
Alot to do with what sight you going to run on it.   

Now that gun likes the Federal 7s.  The winchester LB do ok.   Nitro is coming out with TSS Federal is also.   You have a few other option when it comes to TSS others can help you with. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA