OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Woodhaven Friction Calls  (Read 2865 times)

Offline 243kid

Woodhaven Friction Calls
« on: August 18, 2017, 08:57:53 AM »
I own a Woodhaven Slate and Glass calls which l paid $79.99 each for. After discovering this website l can't help but feel like l got ripped off. I have read countless threads regarding the best sounding pot calls and l could have bought almost anyone of them for the $80.00 l spent?

CMBOSTC

Re: Woodhaven Friction Calls
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 09:19:11 AM »
Don't feel bad, you're in good company.

Offline Coop1082

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 09:25:00 AM »
You didn't necessarily get bad calls. Woodhaven's actually have a pretty good sound to them. That said yes you could've got something that would be labeled as "better" with your money. Like Chris said, your in good company. There is a many people on here who have done the same thing, only to discover via this site that the money could've been much better spent. A fair warning though, once you travel down the "custom pot/box/scratcher/ turkey call in general road your in for a fun and expensive ride. You'll never have enough of them and you will constantly be searching for the next one to add to your collection!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

CMBOSTC

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 09:38:22 AM »
You didn't necessarily get bad calls. Woodhaven's actually have a pretty good sound to them. That said yes you could've got something that would be labeled as "better" with your money. Like Chris said, your in good company. There is a many people on here who have done the same thing, only to discover via this site that the money could've been much better spent. A fair warning though, once you travel down the "custom pot/box/scratcher/ turkey call in general road your in for a fun and expensive ride. You'll never have enough of them and you will constantly be searching for the next one to add to your collection!

:agreed:

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 09:51:01 AM »
                         :agreed: X3
YOU ARE ONLY CRYING OVER SPILT BEER NOW ..........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 09:53:05 AM »

:agreed:

:agreed: x3. 

Once you catch the bug, it's game over. If you're completely content with your Woodhavens, that's all you REALLY need. Because two or three quickly turns into about 30.

CMBOSTC

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 10:21:31 AM »
To me, Woodhaven was a gateway call (drug) to my addiction of custom calls. Once I bought my first Woodhaven, I discovered the world of custom callmaking. So don't look at it as a bad thing, unless you get to the point that you are buying so many calls that you need the same psychiatric help as someone with a gambling addiction.

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 10:38:34 AM »
I blame Midwest Turkey call for getting me started.There is worse things to blow money on though.

Offline 243kid

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 12:00:43 PM »
 What is really laughable is to read the reviews people leave giving Woodhaven pot calls 5 stars on the Cabelas website.  These people would be blown away if they could hear what a custom call can do.  The profit margin on a Woodhaven call must be unreal!

Offline buzzardroost

Woodhaven Friction Calls
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 01:47:42 PM »
Most of us have been suckered just like that on Woodhaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline saverx

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 02:22:44 PM »
I am also a Woodhaven victim, but have killed many birds with them. I personally believe anyone thinking of turkeys and calls in August deserve the very best. Welcome to the disease that is custom pot calls. Enjoy the ride..

CMBOSTC

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 02:31:19 PM »
Pot calls are only about a tenth of the custom turkey call world. Consider yourself lucky if you can stay with just pot calls.

Offline compton30

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 09:30:26 PM »
I have 5 custom calls. Titanium, copper, anodized aluminum, and two crystal. I won't buy another pot until one of them needs replaced. For whatever reason the "bug" to keep spending more and more money on calls hasn't gotten to me. I am interested in a scratch box though, I don't have one of those.

Stay away from me you smack hounds!!!

CMBOSTC

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 07:53:23 AM »
I make a really unique looking and good sound scratch box, check it out.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,76349.0.html