OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tuff day for me today , had to put my dog down  (Read 6862 times)

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Tuff day for me today , had to put my dog down
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2017, 03:44:30 PM »
Wow. I'm bummed to hear about this Shannon. Pets are part of the family, and it always hurts when they leave us. But due to the special bond your pup had with your son, I understand the significance of this special dog even more. At least he is not suffering any longer, and you did what was best for your friend.

Offline turkeymanjim

Tuff day for me today , had to put my dog down
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2017, 10:21:23 AM »
Shannon, sorry for your family's loss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Offline NCbowjunkie

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2017, 05:06:52 PM »
Shannon, man when I read your post I had to stop reading. Brought back too many memory's .just last year I had to put a pet down due to cancer myseft. When my daughter was in high school she came home with a solid white kitten, I told her she had to care for it if is was to stay. She did, she handled all the problem a kitten can cause and took it to have regular vet visits. When she moved away to college he stayed at home. Well me and him became buddies, I worked out of town for 15 yrs, the last eight I had moved a camper to a lake near the job site, I would stay there 7-14 days at a time. This was when i found that he loved to travel. I would leave on a Sunday night and he would go with me, he loved to be at the camper on the lake.he would get on the boat and was happy when I caught a fish, once I realized if I paid attention to him ,he would let me know when we were over fish, yes he became my fishing buddie . When we had to put him down it was heart breaking , after a few days I receive a letter in the mail from him, I have not been able to read the full letter to this day. Tears in my eyes now. I do have his ashes in a custom made urn that I built in my shop.. Maybe one day we will see the loved ones that have been called home. I know he had a great 14 yrs while he was with our family .

Offline SKFOOTER

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2017, 05:57:39 PM »
My heart goes out to ya Shannon.  I've been thru that same thing twice with my Labs.   They're a member of your family. But time will heal.

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2017, 02:43:33 PM »
losing them is hard...time never replaces their presence, but does make the memories even stronger. 

Offline MISSISSIPPI Double beard

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2017, 04:52:08 PM »
Sorry for your loss, I know our animals are just like family. We've had a string of bad luck lately losing our Chihuahua and our yorkie.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Offline Devastator

• Longbeard
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2017, 05:11:51 PM »
Sorry for the loss,after my last beagle was put down i said never again.

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2017, 08:52:05 PM »
Sorry for your loss Shannon

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2017, 01:58:44 PM »
Sorry I missed this.

Very sorry for your loss.  I see the tremendous human-animal bond every day and it is wondrous.

While I am very sorry for your loss, I am equally sorry to those that have never felt so close to a great dog that they felt this way.  That is their loss.   You are hurting because you lost a great and loyal friend and I am glad for the time you had. 

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal

Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.