turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anybody hoot with their own voice?

Started by FttFttVroom!, February 10, 2011, 10:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdqt

few years back working at night in an amusement park answered an owl and it came up and sit in a tree about 40 yds and visited about an hour. The turkeys don't cooperate that well for me. Get an answere now and then, but the last couple of years have been tight,didn't gobble much at all. :gobble: :gobble:

turkey slayer

turkeybow

"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

T-town

I often use my own voice. Not because I'm good but simply because the turkeys don't care.
But I do carry one of  Hooks owl calls and use it too

flintlock

Any chance I can use the natural voice, I am smiling!  With that said I sho' do love my james harrison owl hooter, it is SO much fun I take it as insurance!
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

devin4484

Ya I started as soon as I got into turkey season.  Even when I'm deer hunting if I hear a owl hoot I respond to it and get em all going by the time i'm done.  Its a good change too on public land.  Oh and laughing like an owl is my favorite to do in spring.

jbrown

I hooted with my voice for years...never used a hoot tube.

MDbowman

I do. Not necessarily good at it but the owls love it! Turkeys will bite on it too!

R AJ

Use my voice for all hooting and many times crow call as well. Back in 1963 I do not remember an owl call being available. Owls were more numerous back then. A crow call is more "natural" in my woods now. Love to hoot to owls on the river systems.

kyhareraiser

my wife had a ole' tom behind the house gobblin' his head off last spring..man she sounds just like a owl,,but she won't hunt ..needless to say,that ole big tom she located for me ,i took him on the other side of the ridge, cause she said don't take him behind the house please. lol...

trkehunr93

Natural voice anymore, easier to vary the tone.

crowbarr

I can do a pretty good owl with voice. I have an Knight and Hale Owl locator that I carry. Got it years ago. Probably around 1993. They don't make em like this anymore. All the calls today cut off with alot of pressure. I can blow as hard as I can and doesn't cut off. Not even Knight and Hale make a Owl locator that won't cut off these days. I love using it because it is just so dang loud. I go with buddies and they can't get a response. I whip it out and it works almost every time. I crow call with mouth. Pretty good at it. I can call crows in during crow season when the Electronic Calls only draw them in to about 60 yrds. One overlooked locator is whistling a Rain Crow (Dove). I have had it work when nothing else will.