OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anybody hoot with their own voice?

Started by FttFttVroom!, February 10, 2011, 10:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodger

I do... And I hoot up many owls to... When is owl season anyway

anthonyjhallen

I used to hoot with my voice but then I got the harrison.

Preacher

I use my voice ,  I am much louder than a call.    I might not be able to tell which direction he is, but I can make one gobble.
Romans 8:37

Muskie03

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

Tail Feathers

I have a Palmer's hoot tube but it's not very loud.  I can do OK with my voice, it's just as loud and that's one less call to carry.  Natural voice seems to work just as well if not better even though it's a bit less "owl sounding".
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Cove

Yep, have for many years. Works for me.

Hognutz

Quote from: dodger on February 11, 2011, 08:05:23 AM
I do... And I hoot up many owls to... When is owl season anyway
It depends on the state you live in. They really aren't that good to eat, though. They are gamey like a Blue Heron, but not as bad as Bald Eagle. The legs have a lot of small bones..Just breast them out..Hope this helps..Mike :icon_thumright:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Hognutz

Seriously, I do hoot with my own voice, but as others, I do carry a Palmer..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

mountman62

use my natural voice 99% of the time, have a harrison & a K&H but cant get the roll at the end to work like i can with my mouth, also use natural for volume
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

gatrapper

Only thing I hoot at with my own voice is the ladies, but I can owl hoot with other peoples voices :goofball:
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

TrackeySauresRex

Yes, I use my voice. It works, when they want to here it.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

FullChoke

I have always used my own voice, and when the birds are in the mood, it really works.

BTW, if you want to hear owl hooting that will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up, go to the NWTF national Owl hooting competition in Nashville. Most of those guys use their natural voice.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

cahaba

I grew up using my mouth for hootin.. It sounds better than any owl call I have tried. If owls are in the area I can usually get them cranked up and just sit back and listen.

Skeeterbait

That's the key right there.  Owl or Crow only enough to get the birds in the area kicked off.  Giving them a chance to start up on their own is usually best.

latimer shedhead

Thought that was the only way. Couldn't find hoot tubes when i started.