OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anybody hoot with their own voice?

Started by FttFttVroom!, February 10, 2011, 10:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FttFttVroom!

I used to use a hoot tube but it's hard to vary the tone like I can with my own voice.  Here's a video of me using my voice to locate some birds one spring morning.  There is some good gobbling later in the vid.  So do any of you like to keep it simple and use your voice? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrzm4SCAVRo

northms

I have always had trouble with hoot tubes so about 3 years ago I dedicated to practicing enough to do it on my own.

Only drawback now is if it doesn't sound good I can't blame it on the call.  ;D

paladin

Yep.
I did a spotted owl call last season and called up 3 enviromental protesters.
"have gun-will travel"

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

joshua

I give it a try from time to time.  Some mornings I believe you could holler HEY TURKEY! and get a responce.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

stilker

I owl with voice, but also carry custom hooter. I usually hit em with a single hoowall

triune

Yea, I get by, but sound more like a rooster than an owl at times.

4nwtf

i do but still have a call for those times when the sinus drainage is wrecking my throat

TRKYHTR

I hoot with my voice and also carry a Harrison hooter. Whatever I feel like that morning.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

HOOKS1

I use my voice to hoot and diaphragm or tube call to scream.

knightrider

Skeeterbait

Yep same as others I can owl with my voice well but still carry a Harrison.  I can yelp, crow and even squirrel bark with voice fairly acceptably for a short period of time but they all straign the throat pretty bad.

stinkpickle

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Swamprunner

I've always used my voice, but you need a hoot tube in reserve for those hungover days.  I have made a couple of pretty foul noises after too many drinks the night before.