turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which semi-auto would you buy and why?

Started by JUGHEAD, April 14, 2011, 05:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-ZONE

I would search this forum to see which guns average the best patterns then go handle them to see which you like better.

cannonball

I would buy a 935, because I like Mossberg for turkey hunting.

nyhunter

definitely 1187 sps-t . Both of my 870's and both of my buddies 1187's out shoot my benelli  SBEII.

Ruger M77

I would buy the remington 1187 I just like remington shotguns
I eat therefore I hunt

knotheadedfool

for an auto I absolutely love my 1187.  I love how light the recoil is with magnum loads in that gas operated auto..............

BUT, I can't get used to that trigger guard safety.  IMO, it would be the perfect auto turkey gun if it had a top tang safety. 21" bbl, 3" chamber, cantilever mount, puts up over 250 in a ten (266 has been my best) with the hevi 3-2-7's in a ten at a lasered 40, never had misfire or feed problem, no rattles or squeaks.

If I could find someone that wanted to trade for a 935 though, I would do it just for the top tang safety of the mossberg.

chipper

I've seen some killer patterns from a 935 Mossberg, In fact I,ve seen it outshoot my 1000 dallar shotgun.

beagler

Out of the choices you listed I'd go with the 935. Those overbored barrels on those Mossbergs produce fantastic patterns.
I shoot a Benelli SBE 2 and my dad shoots a Beretta Xtrema II, those are my two favorite autoloaders.
Never Misses

neal

SBEII .665 gobbler guns choke, Hevi 7's and a speedbead. The gun is awesome, and that combo I watched put down 4 gobblers in SD this week between 25yards and one a little over 60 not intentionally misjudged yardage, all the birds where graveyard dead.

Bottom line the SBEII is an outstanding gun I have one for waterfowl and I don't take care of it, this thing gets beat up and always performs flawlessly.

Good luck with whatever, you decided!

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

spur collector

mudhen

If all three were offered to me as a gift, I would maybe accept the 1187, and politely decline the other two.

I've owned many turkey guns.  Angleport Browning Gold's, SBE's, SBE II's, Browning Silver's, Nova pumps, etc.

Right now, I would probably never spend any more than it would take to purchase a BPS or 870 SM  :)  With the BPS getting the first nod for being overbored and built like a brick shiphouse.

Sure, some of the others are great, but few are as easy to deal with than the BPS (except for reinstalling that gosh darn trigger assembly)  ;D

And I think the current 870 SM is not a 1/2 bad gun for the money...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

surehuntsalot

if it was me,it would be without a doubt the Mossberg 935  why?
4 reasons
#1 customer service
#2 over bored barrel (pattern throwing son of a gun)
#3 safety location
#4 price
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Jayhawkeye

i really like my Beretta, but I LOVE my Mossy.  Mossy has excellent customer service!!!  you can't go wrong with the 935, IMO!
Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!  Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...  Go KU!!!

03a3

I had a mossy 935 last year befor it was stolen from me very nice shotgun only problem I had was I shot 4 rounds of 3 1/2 winchester #5 thru it to pattern it and my son and I did the fall turkey hunt the 935 went boom and the extractor broke game over for me son took his turkey with a H&R pardner pump turkey model extra full choke at 45 yards I replaced the mossy 935 with a new winchester NWTF superX2 3 1/2 black model and that gun is a turkey killer so I say get what fells good in your handsI love my super X2

hunttherut