OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Brad Roberts Osage Aluminum Aluminum+Mahoe Bronzed Glass

Started by beardhunter87, August 12, 2017, 12:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vt35mag

Quote from: HookedonHooks on October 03, 2017, 10:10:58 AM
Quote from: vt35mag on October 03, 2017, 10:08:39 AM
Is the bronzed glass being manufactured again by any chance?  Anyone know?
That's a negative. Mexico was the last known producer, using it for windshields, and that's no more.

That's what I thought, but I had to ask since I have seen some more bronzed glass calls pop up recently (not just Brad's).

Happy hooker

It's hard to believe there isn't "anything" China can't reproduce, I wonder if they are a source for bronzed glass.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Happy hooker on October 04, 2017, 02:59:06 PM
It's hard to believe there isn't "anything" China can't reproduce, I wonder if they are a source for bronzed glass.

It's an outdated process of tinting windows, it's not a full tint, obviously, but it's a process that was used in windshield technology that's simply outdated, and likely no longer as efficient or cost effective....

I'm not saying it couldn't be reproduced, it just likely won't be.

Chris O

Does it sound that much more different than regular glass? I would like to hear a sound file of both running back and forth with the same striker and the same wood for the pots

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Chris O on October 04, 2017, 04:14:43 PM
Does it sound that much more different than regular glass? I would like to hear a sound file of both running back and forth with the same striker and the same wood for the pots

Here soon I should be able to test this truly, but as far as same wood pots I can only compare it to glass over glass, not glass over aluminum. I'm pretty confident there's a measurable difference though.  Can anyone else test this with exact pots, one bronzed glass one normal?

Coop1082

Own glass calls and a few bronzed glass. Don't own any of Brad's regular glass calls, but his (and others) bronzed glass calls tend to be higher pitched to me. Granted this is just my ear. Bronzed glass tends to steer closer to crystal then it does regular glass. All bronzed glass calls I own have a fairly high front end like crystal with the mellow/deep back end that regular glass calls have. Glass for me tends to be mellow all the way through. Not as shrilly. Once again this is just my personal experience and ear for what I hear when playing the ones I own. I feel sure someone has one of both and can hopefully get you a sound file. I could run a regular glass/aluminum from another maker for you next to Brad's bronzed/glass over aluminum if it doesn't play out for you to atleast give you some sort of an idea.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

beardhunter87

I agree w Coop. Bronzed Glass has a higher pitched front end which is why it's so good with a raspy Aluminum back end