OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning silver

Started by jdub2041, April 14, 2011, 04:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdub2041

I have a browning silver with a 26in barrel and a 670 pure gold choke. Im About to buy some hevishot, what kind of numbers should I expect to ge?. I have deep cleaned the barrel but haven't polished. probably gonna get 3in 2oz loads. Just curious to  know if anyone else has shot this combo.

cahaba

I think thats the same barrel as my SX3. With HeviShot #6 3" 2 oz. I got 209 and with Magnum Blend 3 in. I got 229.

shoe72

ya i think it is the same as our sx3's. i shoot a i.c .665 with
hevi #6's. i dont do the whole counting pellets in a circle thang.
i use paper to find my patteren then adjust my sights,and im pretty
happy with my combo
         :z-guntootsmiley:

Britton40

Ive got a 28" barrel.  With a JH 670 I got 352 at 35 yards with Nitron H510C. Its really too tight unless you have a scope.  I should have a .675 to try this week.  Spend the money on the Nitros.

ericjames

I have a silver with a 26" barrel with a kick gt .670 choke shooting the 3.5 magblends,I know I ain't suppose to shoot hevi shot  in that choke but I do. It puts up good patterns I did not count shots in the 10 but I shot the shoot n see turkey Target the other day at 40 just in the head and vital hits in the neck had 107 shot. I guess I am gonna keep shooting this setup yours should be just as good as mine