OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Confirmed... Federal loading TSS....

Started by TheSportsman, August 04, 2017, 09:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

Wow 10-12 bucks a shot before tax, no thank you. I'll be sticking with LB's for years to come!

owlhoot

3" are 35.00 for five = 7bucks a shot
-5 dollar rebates =6 bucks a shot.
I get you,still not cheap!

davisd9

$500 - $1000 gun - Check
$200+ lease - check
$50 in state tags and license - check
$100+ vest, clothes, boots, etc - check
$200+ worth of calls - check
$100+ worth of gas - check

$50 for 5 shells though the ammo is the make or break in the whole situation - way to expensive.

I can totally understand one wanting to shoot what has worked for them or fits their style, but for most of us the cost of a few shells a year really should not be a huge factor in the grand scheme of things.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

hootgobbleyelpgobble

Quote from: davisd9 on February 06, 2018, 09:53:51 AM
$500 - $1000 gun - Check
$200+ lease - check

$50 for 5 shells though the ammo is the make or break in the whole situation - way to expensive.

I can totally understand one wanting to shoot what has worked for them or fits their style, but for most of us the cost of a few shells a year really should not be a huge factor in the grand scheme of things.

Preach it!!!

Almost like having a field champion and feeding him dog chow.

knightrider

$500 - $1000 gun - Check
$200+ lease - check

amen, seeing as how the shot is what actually breaks his neck, $7 bucks doesn't begin to compare to the thousands I blow on hunting to begin with!!! :OGturkeyhead:

owlhoot

Actually if you are already using the Federal Hw7 15, this isn't too  much more.
Now to see if this does perform like we all hope it will?

Tom Foolery

$500 - $1000 gun - Check
$200+ lease - check

Yep, I've said it for years.

Throw in the tobacco that people use, the beer that they drink, etc but they can't swing for a box of ammo.   

Shooting lead because it works and you like it is great, fantastic even!  Throwing out the I can't afford it card is probably incorrect.

CrustyRusty

I agree with a lot of the comments but there is a point where it seems the ammo companies are gouging us.   At what point does it become cost prohibitive?  When will the madness end? :funnyturkey:

owlhoot

Quote from: CrustyRusty on February 07, 2018, 08:04:03 AM
I agree with a lot of the comments but there is a point where it seems the ammo companies are gouging us.   At what point does it become cost prohibitive?  When will the madness end? :funnyturkey:

When people quit paying for it.
The price for bows with Matthews is crazy,but people pay for it.
Now it seems every dang bow company has to have a 1000 dollar bow.
Bennelli made a very expensive hunting shotgun and people buy it.Now others follow with their expensive shotgun .
It won't end! :z-dizzy:

Sand Man

Hand load them if you don't like the cost.  My 3" 20ga 1 5/8oz TSS #9.5s cost me just under $5/round if I don't include my time to reload them.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!