OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Confirmed... Federal loading TSS....

Started by TheSportsman, August 04, 2017, 09:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BandedSpur

Don't you know Apex is thrilled?

Guess some folks who have always pooh poohed TSS will be coming around? Perhaps even some websites that don't like it? ;)

owlhoot

Thanks again Clark and good information as always.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: owlhoot on August 08, 2017, 10:49:16 AM
Thanks again Clark and good information as always.
You're welcome. I have learned that the picture was of "a concept-art poster"  taken at a presentation made by Federal. They will introduce their 2018 turkey loads this fall, most likely in October. Final product information will be available then. So, it may be another couple of months until specific information is made public. Patience is the key.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Old Gobbler

Quote from: BandedSpur on August 08, 2017, 07:59:26 AM
Don't you know Apex is thrilled?

Guess some folks who have always pooh poohed TSS will be coming around? Perhaps even some websites that don't like it? ;)
I think you got your exact particulars slightly off target

I don't have time or am willing to invest it into explaining several long standing issues , those with the folks buying tss in bulk and marking it up for considerable markup... and skirting every possible legal , liability, and even ethics issue known to turkey hunters ....

Making "longest shot threads"popping Jakes at 83 yards and then waiting for folks to come knocking at the door is a piss poor business model

I took the high road on the reseller issue
The attitude from the gang that wholesales tss for a considerable markup and runnning arround selling it to folks with next to zero loading experence. ...was markedly similar to the same cry babies that moan and groan about how hillary clinton lost the election , they just won't let it go....  just like your post to this thread
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

trkehunr93

Quote from: davisd9 on August 05, 2017, 06:41:12 PM
Quote from: Happy on August 05, 2017, 08:41:37 AM
Interesting. I am just waiting to see what happens in the next few years now that tss is going mainstream. I am kinda scared actually. I can see turkey hunting become a little more dangerous. I fear the idiot majority are going to ruin it for the responsible minority once again.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Most complain for spending $5 a shell, how many do you think will pay $8-10?

Hevi changed the waterfowl world, but how many still buy steel? Yes you shoot more at waterfowl but some will spend the money no matter what and some will not. There will be some that shoot TSS but most will stick to longbeards and other lead/HTL after buying a box or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree!  I've looked into Apex ammo's TSS offerings and I can't stomach the price.  We will just have to wait and see. 

turkeyinstrut

Quote from: trkehunr93 on August 09, 2017, 11:19:05 AM
Interesting. I am just waiting to see what happens in the next few years now that tss is going mainstream. I am kinda scared actually. I can see turkey hunting become a little more dangerous. I fear the idiot majority are going to ruin it for the responsible minority once again.

Hevi changed the waterfowl world, but how many still buy steel? Yes you shoot more at waterfowl but some will spend the money no matter what and some will not. There will be some that shoot TSS but most will stick to longbeards and other lead/HTL after buying a box or two.

I agree!  I've looked into Apex ammo's TSS offerings and I can't stomach the price.  We will just have to wait and see.

I don't think you will be any happier with Federal's prices, even buying it direct from China TSS ain't cheap.

chatterbox

I love my federal Heviweight #7's.
Absolutely devestating on turkeys, and 7's are the smallest shot we can shoot in NH.
We killed 3 this season with them.

Old Gobbler

Quote from: turkeyinstrut on August 09, 2017, 08:19:30 PM

I don't think you will be any happier with Federal's prices, even buying it direct from China TSS ain't cheap.
buying tss  directly from China (tss garage operation ressellers)in bulk is a process that was just recently exposed as having upwards of a 300% markup is some cases , if I remember correctly a individual showed pictures of the invoices but that's a story for another day ... and you know what I'm just putting that behind me , between apex , nitro and what looks to be federal .....the small "garage operations " ..individuals  reselling raw tss to newbies for profit are going to see  greattly reduced business in the future

Federal allready produces in vast quantities the15gg densities ,and does so for as cheap as 19.99 a box in the 20 gauge offerings my bet is the 20 gauge 18gg will go for  30$ and the 12 for arround 40$ a box and people will line up to get it

My only hope is that federal continues to do what thier doing and have a responsible advertizing campaign that doesn't cause" issues "
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

trkehunr93

Quote from: turkeyinstrut on August 09, 2017, 08:19:30 PM

Thats why I'm staying with old school lead

allaboutshooting

QuoteMy only hope is that federal continues to do what thier doing and have a responsible advertizing campaign that doesn't cause" issues "
That is truly the real issue. I don't think anyone argues with promoting/advertising a shell that delivers tight/dense patterns with knock-down power at responsible ranges. The objection is promoting/advertising shooting at turkeys at ranges that are better left to those who shoot rifles.
We have worked too long to rescue and grow the resource to become a generation of shooters whose only interest is in long range turkey killing, forgetting the hunting aspect.
Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

shedhunta

I will give Apex my business.  Done with Federal after chasing LOT numbers and having them completely blowing me off after a LONG talk with customer service. 

surehuntsalot

Apex might not be in business for long after Federal gets going
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

turkeyinstrut

Quote from: surehuntsalot on August 13, 2017, 08:59:46 PM
[/quote

I wouldn't bet on that.

owlhoot

Quote from: turkeyinstrut on August 14, 2017, 12:11:05 PM
Quote from: surehuntsalot on August 13, 2017, 08:59:46 PM
[/quote

I wouldn't bet on that.
Hevi shot is doing good .
Nitro is too. Apex should be ok .

Dermott

This development is scary to me. But I can recall 3" then 3 1/2" shells coming out which was scary too. We also have superior turkey decoys some of which are motorized! A really scary development is people using tail fans to hide behind while sneaking up on gobblers --- this is so dangerous and, IMO, should be outlawed.  In Texas I believe they allow hunting turkeys with a rifle which really is untraditional and, IMO, not a good method.

I would prefer that traditional turkey hunting methods were practiced by all.  However, I believe that is an up-hill battle that will ultimately be lost.