OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New life to an old gun

Started by lunghit, August 04, 2017, 08:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lunghit

I bought this Benelli M1 Super 90 brand new back in 2003 and never really used it much. I killed a few pheasants and shot some skeet with it but for the most part it sat in the safe for many years. I decided to make another dedicated turkey gun out of it. The first thing I did was make sure the POA and POI were close. It was almost dead on at 30 yards. A touch to the left of POA and I bet most people wouldn't try to get it any better but I bought a set of TruGlo Magnum Gobble Dots to get it perfect.

Next off to Rob Roberts it went. Got it Cerakoted in Patriot Brown and had the stock and forearm dipped in Bottomland. Also had the stock and forearm cap drilled and tapped for a sling. Everything came out perfect except one very small spot where the gun looked like it took a hit. A spot of bare metal is showing right above the bolt. I might try to match it with some kind of paint but it's not big enough to send back and ask for it to be fixed. 

I picked up some chokes to try and will try to get it patterned over the next few months. Right now deer season and shooting my bow is taking up my spare time.  I will post back on how this gun patterns when I do.

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

TheSportsman

grayfox

Ralph-NY

nice...   looks like a brand new rig

obro

How long did it take for the cerekote and camo job ?

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Double B

Followed by buzzards

superx2

lunghit

Quote from: obro on August 05, 2017, 11:23:47 PM
How long did it take for the cerekote and camo job ?
Thanks fellas. The wait was 9 weeks door to door. Well worth it
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

daddyduke

Great looking job. Any turkey would be proud to die by it.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

fountain2

I've got an m1 like that as well and love how it turned out.  I will eventually have to get mine done like this