OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Great "tip" for E6000  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Disney

• Poor old boy couldn't resist a Timber Tune cluck.
Great "tip" for E6000
« on: July 27, 2017, 01:45:24 AM »
I found plastic applicator tips on ebay for CA glue fit perfectly on the nozzle of my 2 ounce tube of E6000. I haven't had a chance to see if they will fit the nozzles on other size E6000 or Goop. It beats using syringes which probably cost more. You just push the applicator onto the nozzle and snip the end of the tip to the size you want.

There are clear ones for $5.99 per hundred. Also amber colored ones for $5.99 per fifty. I don't know why the amber color costs twice as much. I just asked the seller and haven't heard back.

Go on ebay and look up: Fine Point CA applicator tips or just CA glue and you will find it. They are sold by zebra-pepper. There are other sellers of the same item for more money. The tips do a great job, making a fine bead with hardly no mess

Maker of Timber Tune Custom made pot calls. Fine domestic and beautiful exotic wood.
timbertunes126@gmail.com

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
Re: Great "tip" for E6000
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 08:50:23 AM »
I think it's been around for awhile for E6000
I bought some at home depo over a year ago .........
The ones that came in the package are metal.....
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline Disney

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 11:34:32 AM »
It's funny that I have never seen these tips mentioned on the forum. People always talk about transferring the adhesive to syringes. These are plastic and push on. They're very thin diameter so there's hardly any waste. Just pull off when done, and throw away. You MUST snip the tip off though, it looks like there is no opening. So I snip about 1/4" off and get a nice fine bead for gluing soundboards and playing surfaces. I just thought I would share it with everybody.
Maker of Timber Tune Custom made pot calls. Fine domestic and beautiful exotic wood.
timbertunes126@gmail.com

Offline mastevt

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Find me on face book, Scott's Custom Turkey Calls
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 12:25:52 PM »
I just buy the E6000 with the small tip.  No need for syringes or other tips.

Offline Disney

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 09:00:24 PM »
Good Point! I noticed that myself, after buying a smaller tube. A while back there were alot of posts on transferring the glue into syringes etc. I just glued a soundboard in straight from the tube. Worked great.
timbertunes126@gmail.com