turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Unique little trophy display in the mail

Started by TauntoHawk, July 26, 2017, 10:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

Just got these back, had a pair of legs cleaned and articulated from a bird I killed 2 years ago that had a small yet distinct? second spur on each leg.

It was a fun suprise from a rewarding hunt, last day of the season chasing a duo of public land birds that had given me the slip a few times. I closed in tight to the roost with a new scratch box in hand and nocked down a pretty unique bird.

I was at work when the box came today but my wife wasted no time opening the box, she thought they were pretty cool and found some room on a shelf for them adding one of her painted feathers to accent.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Greg Massey

Ericbrooks

Nice! Who done the legs for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelerFan

mgm1955

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Ericbrooks on July 26, 2017, 10:50:55 PM
  Nice! Who done the legs for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classic Antler Mounts out of Colorado, but I was originally told 4-6 months and waited something like 21 months so not a very fast turn around. Wanted something to display more than just cutting off the spurs like normal.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ncwoodsman

WW

That's nice! Your wife is talented with her painting skills! Please pm me her price for painting/ per feather.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: WW on July 27, 2017, 02:08:23 PM
That's nice! Your wife is talented with her painting skills! Please pm me her price for painting/ per feather.

Thank you, Right now the 3 feathers in the photo are the only ones she's ever done. It's difficult to find time to paint but she does enjoy the new hobby, if she ever decides to take it up with a enough pursuit to make selling feathers possible i'll be sure to let you know.

Hooksfan

Very nice
I have thought about getting my daughter to paint on some feathers. She just got done painting a beach scene on one pf our friends Vans for an upcoming car show.