OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Use imgur.com instead of photobucket guys...  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Use imgur.com instead of photobucket guys...
« on: July 25, 2017, 11:02:45 PM »
Like mentioned before photo bucket has gone caput.... use picresize.com to resize then host them for FREE on   imgur.com

There are tutorials on the Web
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Use imgur.com instead of photobucket guys...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 09:42:14 AM »
I have always just used Microsoft paint to resize my pictures. But tried out picresize.com and found it very easy and quick. Really should not need any tutorials at all. Thanks for sharing!
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Online Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 11:07:44 AM »
Didn't know about Imgur

I ended up using Flickr.   It is also free and (if I can do it, then obviously) easy to use.....

Also........ To any and all who are interested, I started a Flickr group for turkey call pictures since there wasn't one.  Already have one OG member joined in and sharing some great pics.   Would LOVE to build a nice community of like-minded folk and compile a CRAP LOAD of pictures of all things turkey calls and related.   Give a guy somewhere to share his prized calls/photos and give another guy something to look through during the off season.

Hope yinz will consider joining in with us !!!

Here's a link that should get you started:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/3942978@N23/
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline nativeks

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 01:28:12 PM »
Forums like pondboss and the refuge forums make it easy to just attach a photo to your post. What about something like that on this forum.

Offline Ishi

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 05:58:24 PM »
I have imgur installed on my phone. How do I get the BBcode :z-dizzy:  :thanks:
The Spirit Lives On

Offline doublespurs21

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 06:00:50 PM »
 I think you just click the photo you want , than the same photo pops up with the different codes, than you click the bbc code.

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 08:47:53 PM »
I tried Imgur, haven't given up on it yet. I divide my photos into separate albums for ease of finding the pic I'm looking for. When I did that on Imgur, I would upload pics into an album. Then upload more pics into another album, and so on. Then when I checked the albums, they all had the exact same pics in them, from whatever I uploaded last. I contacted their tech support who finally got it worked out. Then I tried uploading multiple pics at the same time and Imgur snafu'ed again. So now I'm loading 6 pics at a time. It's a pain in the posterior, but I gotta get away from Photobucket.

Offline Tail Feathers

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 09:34:46 PM »
I don't have many pics in Photobucket, but I can't get them out.  Download Album doesn't work in multiple tries.  Any tips on how to get 'em back?
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline Rapscallion Vermilion

• Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 10:29:21 PM »
I don't have many pics in Photobucket, but I can't get them out.  Download Album doesn't work in multiple tries.  Any tips on how to get 'em back?
Download Album didn't work for me either.  I had to display each image individually, and then select Download under Options.

Offline captpete

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 06:59:41 AM »
Download Album didn't work for me either.  I had to display each image individually, and then select Download under Options.

This is what I had to do also....one pic at a time.

Now this may sound stupid(not calling you stupid), but make sure you are signed in. Until recently I was automatically signed in when I went to Photobucket. Now I have to sign in each time I go there if I want to do something with my pics.

Offline Tail Feathers

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 01:57:44 PM »
 :TrainWreck1:  I did re-log in and still no go.   Will try the single pic download route.  Glad I don't have a whole bunch.  Thanks for the info.

Edit to add:  I got them all downloaded by doing one at a time as suggested.  Goodbye Photobucket!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 02:05:28 PM by Tail Feathers »
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline Devastator

• Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 10:13:15 PM »
Tinypics.com for me !!!

Offline Ishi

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 10:24:27 PM »
Tinypics.com for me !!!
    I looked into Tinypics and if I remember right they are a Photobucket company. How long before they start charging for 3rd party sharing?
The Spirit Lives On

Offline Devastator

• Longbeard
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 04:12:19 AM »
Tinypics.com for me !!!
    I looked into Tinypics and if I remember right they are a Photobucket company. How long before they start charging for 3rd party sharing?
Yea,im wondering also.