OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stainless Indian Creek choke?

Started by mudhen, April 14, 2011, 12:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudhen

Would have asked Stuart & Mike at IC, but their mailbox is full, and my e-mails bounce back within seconds.

Anyone know for sure how they are marking the new stainless tubes?

They are starting to show up at Bass Pro.  Benelli version had a SS sticker on the package.  Found what I think is the new SS version for Invector +, but there was no SS sticker on the package.  The tube looks different, and there is an 'SS' right after the 'Inv+'

It could stand for Shooting Systems though...

It's a bit heavier and looks thicker.  Weight 2.9 oz on the postal scale, compared to 2.8 for my two y.o. version.

I like the chokes, but I think this could be bad news for IC in general......

Thanks!

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

ILIKEHEVI-13

The newer stainless steel version chokes will have SS etched on the choke where it says Indian Creek and the choke size.  

Gobble!

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 14, 2011, 12:54:30 PM
The newer stainless steel vesion chokes will have SS etched on the choke where it says Indian Creek and the choke size. 

That's how I have seen them so far

bowhunter84

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 14, 2011, 12:54:30 PM
The newer stainless steel vesion chokes will have SS etched on the choke where it says Indian Creek and the choke size. 
the ones i seen today had the SS on them

wvhunter74

I'm not here to bash IC but a friend of mine just purchased the new SS version and the black coating thats used will come off when using gun cleaner. He used quick scrub III gun cleaner and ended with a dull silver choke tube so, just watch what you use.

archery1

yeah .  talked to stuart last month and they are startng to send them out to be colored.. they had trouble doing this with their chokes. not a problem with them at all.. mine is great.. just call them if u have any problems with choke.. they are both great guys to deal with.. will recomend them fully.
Take a kid hunting

chufagold

The reason they switched is because the other steel they were using would crack after a while.

R AJ

Quote from: chufagold on April 15, 2011, 04:22:34 PM
The reason they switched is because the other steel they were using would crack after a while.

What kind of steel were they using if anyone knows?

Bagg-it Tag-it

Quote from: chufagold on April 15, 2011, 04:22:34 PM
So IC changed over to all SS now? What exactly was the issue with the older chokes? They cracked after a while?

chufagold

All I know is I bought a choke from them and after 2 seasons it cracked after patterning different shells before the season this year. When I called them they said I could swap it out for the new ss one this year and that they had quite a few of their previous models crack if the wrong load was fired out of them. He also said that they have shot all  sizes including buckshot with no problems with the new steel. The new chokes are a little thicker than the other model to.

Skeeterbait

I want to know if the design and specs of the internal geometry is the same or did they change it up.  The molly chokes work awsome.  Hate to see them screw with the internal design.

mcgruff1533

My new Indian Creek BDS (stainless steel model) looks the same internally as my old model that split.

The only difference I noticed was a thicker ring of steel at the exit end, and the letters "SS" engraved on the side of the choke.

I spoke with Mike Ponder personally when my IC choke split and he took care of things very quickly.

Gobble!

Quote from: mcgruff1533 on April 21, 2011, 10:16:33 AM
My new Indian Creek BDS (stainless steel model) looks the same internally as my old model that split.

The only difference I noticed was a thicker ring of steel at the exit end, and the letters "SS" engraved on the side of the choke.

I spoke with Mike Ponder personally when my IC choke split and he took care of things very quickly.

ILIKEHEVI-13 posted a picture of this. I looks a good bit thicker.