turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Poults

Started by Spring Creek Calls, July 24, 2017, 07:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring Creek Calls

Been seeing poults all over the western side of Michigan,  from Battle Creek to Gaylord. My initial thought is we had a good hatch. Hoping everyone is experiencing the same.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Fatbeard

Nice! I have seen a bunch all over east TN
East TN Beard Buster

Yoder409

Saw a group of 4 hens just this morning with a gaggle of young'uns.......... Guessing 15 or so
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Hooksfan

Saw three hens yesterday with 13 poults in southwest Missouri. Welcome sight. We had lots of flooding during early nesting time, but decent weather during peak hatching.

beardhunter87

Hooksfan, what part of SW Missouri? Same here I was worried during the season w all the flooding. I'm by SpringfieldMissouri and wasn't the best gobbling/vocal for me this year. Hope next year is alot better.

Hooksfan

Quote from: beardhunter87 on July 28, 2017, 12:05:01 PM
Hooksfan, what part of SW Missouri? Same here I was worried during the season w all the flooding. I'm by SpringfieldMissouri and wasn't the best gobbling/vocal for me this year. Hope next year is alot better.
Lawrence County. I'm about 25 minutes west of Springfield.

bbcoach

Great to hear Mike.  I believe we had a good hatch as well, here in Eastern NC.   We have been seeing several hens with poults since the 13th of June.  We were on our lease yesterday and we saw 2 hens at one location with 3 poults and saw 4 hens with 7 poults in another.  All of these were flying so maybe they will be able to allude any predators that come their way.  Hope everyone has the same sightings.

Muzzy61

Looks like a good hatch in North Florida
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr