OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Cody Calls  (Read 2413 times)

Offline Jhp148

Cody Calls
« on: July 23, 2017, 04:36:14 PM »
I've been looking into several pot calls. A lot of the guys on here have suggested the Cody World Class. This pot is 175.00 $ in slate or glass. Just looking for some opinions on whether that pot is worth that amount. I've heard good things about them but never ran one. Any info on this would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
John

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
Re: Cody Calls
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 06:00:35 PM »
I have never ran one so it may be awesome.If you are a collector some of the calls are worth that much money,but if you are only wanting a good call to kill turkeys you can get by way cheaper. I suggest listening to all the sound files on here and decide what you like there are some great call makers on here that will be way better than production calls for not that much more money.Or you can always pick up a used call also. You don't have to spend 175$ to have a great hunting call

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 12:21:17 PM »
I can tell you I have both the world champion and the spec one , both with slate surfaces and I think they are come of the best sounding slates out there. I do not care for the strikers but iyou would be hard pressed to find a pot better sounding. I have a lot of pot calls and many are just as good sounding or better sounding , but none that blows them out of the water. I would buy both again with the 175 buck price tag.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

CMBOSTC

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 12:54:08 PM »
Feel free to compare. I also have an awesome slate call available if you want a sound file of that one.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,76218.0.html

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 02:47:56 PM »
Got a Cody call off ebay, sounds good. I would not pay 175.00 for any call when you can get most calls at a discounted price on here or even on e-bay. But if your rich and have deep pockets? Hey, go for it. You might even consider two - one for back up. LOL
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Offline PALongspur

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 03:43:00 PM »
My Cody's are part of my collection that I'd never part with.

'Nuff said.

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 05:07:32 PM »
I HAVE A FEW OF CODYS CALLS AND THEY ALL DO PRODUCE SOME INTERESTING ACTION
MY MOST RECENT INVESTMENT IS A  spec one  AND I HONESTLY CAN SAY , THE MORE I PLAY THIS PARTICULAR CALL . SOUNDS AWESOME ...........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline 2nd 100

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 10:31:25 AM »
I have 3 spec 1, green mosters , pre 2000 when he changed plexiglass .have $710 in all 3 and bid way higher on last two. This frees up newest one to hunt with . also have slate world class before they were called spec 1's . I have killed 9 grand slams and 2 royals and had at least One slate and one glass Cody with me on every One.Some have been the green monster  most have been the cheaper Cody ll . They were he original high frequency calls . no-one had that sound in the 1990's . the important thing with any callmker is CONSISTENCY. Why do I buy expensive calls, because I know they will perform. And yes Bill Zearing calls have ALWAYS been consistent since the 1990's. Spend $40 or over $200 on them and they are turkey killers in good hands.

Offline callmakerman

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 06:57:34 PM »
I had a World Class and Spec1 Legend in slate and neither one sounded as good as the Cody II with a good striker. Don't like the Cody two piece  striker. JMO