OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: pedestal mount...?  (Read 1165 times)

Offline DirtNap647

• Paintbrush Beard
pedestal mount...?
« on: July 22, 2017, 01:53:33 PM »
I have a turkey mounted on a habitat base and would like to get a pedestal to sit it on.  is there a place to buy pedestals or anyone have any ideas...? the taxidermist I use just had a couple plain ones looking for something unique

Offline Cut N Run

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • North Carolina
Re: pedestal mount...?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 02:31:57 PM »
Hard to say without seeing the mount. 

I know a guy who used an old corner pole & braces from a barbed wire fence that hadn't been functional in a long time to mount his bird on. Both the bird & fence section came from his lease. 

I know another guy who cut a section of a tree that runs floor to ceiling and he has a couple of birds mounted on branches of the tree. One is resting and the other is in strut.  It sits in a corner of his hunting cabin & it looks pretty good.  It takes up a bit of space, but it is unique.  I'll see if I can find pictures.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 02:36:32 PM »
If you use something that was upside previously be sure n bug proof it before it goes inside or on any finished piece

Offline doublespurs21

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 05:01:59 PM »
 I can make you one,,,,, i'm a cabinetmaker and I have made these before.  I can saw and cut the parts for you and than you just glue it together. it would save on shipping..

Offline Swamprunner

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 06:08:18 PM »
I have my osceola sitting on about a 3' tall cypress stump.  Eastern is on big live oak stump, and Goulds is on a section of ponderosa pine.  Not easy to find, but they look cool

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 09:33:21 PM »
I have my osceola sitting on about a 3' tall cypress stump.  Eastern is on big live oak stump, and Goulds is on a section of ponderosa pine.  Not easy to find, but they look cool

Got any pictures? I have deer mounted on barn wood planks that came off my lease. Currently have a Merriam's sitting on a table in need of some type of stand. Also have two Rio's in the freezer I need to something with.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.