OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shadow Leaf beauty

Started by traditionaltimber, July 14, 2017, 08:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Blong

Don't wash it! Will be white after 2x.

traditionaltimber

Quote from: Blong on July 14, 2017, 09:42:41 PM
Don't wash it! Will be white after 2x.

Nothing worse than washing camo!!

Blong

I bought some green leaf from the mossy oak store two years back and now it's to white to hunt in. The elements have ruined it.  I have a technical bottomland shirt from ol tom that is 4 years old and I wear it at least 40 days every spring and besides for the tears, it still looks new.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Cotton will fade faster than polyester or a cotton/polyester blend. The ripstop fabrics and most of the Ol Tom technical series is made from polyester which is almost impervious to wash-related fading.

When you wash that shadow leaf, use the delicate cycle, turn it inside out and use cold water.

I personally think a dryer is worse on fabric than a washer. Consequently, I air dry everything outside. My lightweight and mid-weight cottons last 3-4x longer with this routine.

Gooserbat

I wash all my camo will washing soda and a cup of vinegar. No "soap" or detergent.  I also air dry.  Can't say it does not fade but I will say it's very minimal and probably like 7-8 washings to one with laundry detergent.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

stinkpickle

:icon_thumright:  I really like shadow leaf!

BTW, I only wash them with baking soda, cold water, delicate cycle, turned inside out, and air dry, also.

econo

May God bless you all