OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

pedestal mount...?

Started by DirtNap647, July 22, 2017, 01:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap647

I have a turkey mounted on a habitat base and would like to get a pedestal to sit it on.  is there a place to buy pedestals or anyone have any ideas...? the taxidermist I use just had a couple plain ones looking for something unique

Cut N Run

Hard to say without seeing the mount. 

I know a guy who used an old corner pole & braces from a barbed wire fence that hadn't been functional in a long time to mount his bird on. Both the bird & fence section came from his lease. 

I know another guy who cut a section of a tree that runs floor to ceiling and he has a couple of birds mounted on branches of the tree. One is resting and the other is in strut.  It sits in a corner of his hunting cabin & it looks pretty good.  It takes up a bit of space, but it is unique.  I'll see if I can find pictures.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Bowguy

If you use something that was upside previously be sure n bug proof it before it goes inside or on any finished piece

doublespurs21

I can make you one,,,,, i'm a cabinetmaker and I have made these before.  I can saw and cut the parts for you and than you just glue it together. it would save on shipping..

Swamprunner

I have my osceola sitting on about a 3' tall cypress stump.  Eastern is on big live oak stump, and Goulds is on a section of ponderosa pine.  Not easy to find, but they look cool

mtns2hunt

Quote from: Swamprunner on July 25, 2017, 06:08:18 PM
I have my osceola sitting on about a 3' tall cypress stump.  Eastern is on big live oak stump, and Goulds is on a section of ponderosa pine.  Not easy to find, but they look cool

Got any pictures? I have deer mounted on barn wood planks that came off my lease. Currently have a Merriam's sitting on a table in need of some type of stand. Also have two Rio's in the freezer I need to something with.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.