OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Fowler Dymondwood  (Read 4692 times)

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
Re: Fowler Dymondwood
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 06:07:15 PM »
Thanks for the recommendations guys I appreciate them.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Fowler Dymondwood
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 06:26:03 PM »
Is MR Fowler taking orders again he was ill for a while.

Yes, ordered a black locust a coupe weeks ago and got it in 2-3 days like normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Wvgobbler

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 06:32:10 PM »
I've never ran a Fowler striker I didn't like. They all run good. And I'll have to agree Derrick Stuckey's Macassar Ebony is a great striker.

Offline vt35mag

• Longbeard
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 09:36:05 PM »
For those of you that have Harold's 2pc dymondwood strikers, what do they have for a top?

Offline Haymarket

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2017, 11:08:34 PM »
How is that Fowler Black Locust? I want to try another black locust...not happy with the one I have, so am thinking of trying a Fowler or a West Augusta.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Fowler Dymondwood
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 07:17:29 AM »
How is that Fowler Black Locust? I want to try another black locust...not happy with the one I have, so am thinking of trying a Fowler or a West Augusta.

Mr. Fowler's black locust is awesome!

“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Triple B

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2017, 03:37:23 PM »

Mr. Fowler's black locust is aweso

Yes it is, and one of my favorites for sure.

Offline Roost 1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2017, 06:36:57 PM »
Ive been Harold's strikers exclusively since 90's. Used the same purple heart striker for prolly 10yrs and then replaced with another Purple Heart. Last couple years I have been using his dymondwood. It's a great all around striker. Harold is one of the BEST guys you could ever meet.

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2017, 11:02:41 PM »
I tend to stick to Stuckey strikers and echo what merriamsman said except mine would be macassar Ebony. I have quite a few from him and I have his dymondwood, macassar, and tulipwood with me on every single hunt. All three of them run great!

This is my exact opinion as well. I have about 20 stuckey strikers, everyone straight tip. The ebony , tulipwood and dymond wood are always in my vest.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline merriamsman

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 02:08:48 PM »
Ha, ha, Spitten, I also have Stuckey diamondwood, macassar ebony, and tulipwood, plus a purple heart. I like them all, but the diamondwood seems to just run consistently good on every surface.