OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

It Pays To Be Lucky

Started by Old Hunter, July 07, 2017, 11:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Hunter

I joined a new hunting club last year. As usual, the new guy gets the left overs in choosing an area. I scouted the club, and found a nice looking area with a crossing on a fire break that had lots of sign. No one even had any interest in that part of the club, so I put my stand on the fire break and had a view of 200 yards to the crossing.

Opening morning I decided to take my Canon digital SLR with telephoto lens into my stand just in case. All told, I saw 8 deer (3 bucks and 5 does), and 6 turkeys (all gobblers and jakes).

At one time from about 160 to 200 yards all 6 turkeys and 4 deer were visible, but I was so busy looking through my binos that I forgot to take a photo  ;D. I didn't decide to shoot anything that morning because I never saw the big buck I was after, but it was one of the most fun deer hunts I have ever been on.

All the other club members saw a total of 2 does that day :o. Yes, it pays to be lucky.

This photo is cropped a good bit, so sharpness is not the best, but maybe someone will find it interesting.

Jim

mossyhorn2

Great photo! Thanks for sharing.

saverx

I found it quite interesting. Now don't tell a soul.

mwr

mgm1955

nsselle

WillieShin