OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Strawsner limited edition pot

Started by Gobbleandgrunt, July 07, 2017, 06:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobbleandgrunt

Got mine today. Can't bring myself to scratch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishr64

Jroddc

Coop1082

Put the stone to her and send me a soundfile!!  :turkey2:  Good looking call!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

sbbow

Congrats on a great call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wvgobbler

davisd9

Why have it if you are not planning to hunt it?

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

HookedonHooks

Quote from: davisd9 on July 09, 2017, 07:44:56 PM

I've now got 3 of Schaffers Blue Mahoes and another one potentially two more on the way! Why? Because they're freaking awesome. Will I hunt all of them? Absolutely not.... Some of them? Definitely.

As for this call, it's a Limited Edition, and if you're a guy that's got the Blue Duece, Yellow Deuce, and so on with all of Pat's "Deuce" series calls, this would be a must have. So I can definitely understand not playing it. Between it  holding such a collector value, not ever being made again, and the shear beauty of this call, I completely understand not scratching the surface...... But if it were my call, I'd be running it, but would be minimally conditioned to a small spot. To be fair though, many call makers don't ship a call not conditioned, and in Pat shipping them this way he realized the collectibility in his own work.

davisd9

Quote from: HookedonHooks on July 09, 2017, 08:51:40 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on July 09, 2017, 07:44:56 PM

I've now got 3 of Schaffers Blue Mahoes and another one potentially two more on the way! Why? Because they're freaking awesome. Will I hunt all of them? Absolutely not.... Some of them? Definitely.

As for this call, it's a Limited Edition, and if you're a guy that's got the Blue Duece, Yellow Deuce, and so on with all of Pat's "Deuce" series calls, this would be a must have. So I can definitely understand not playing it. Between it  holding such a collector value, not ever being made again, and the shear beauty of this call, I completely understand not scratching the surface...... But if it were my call, I'd be running it, but would be minimally conditioned to a small spot. To be fair though, many call makers don't ship a call not conditioned, and in Pat shipping them this way he realized the collectibility in his own work.

Not me, I have plenty of stuff collecting dust as it is, turkey calls are tools.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

yelpy

Not me, I have plenty of stuff collecting dust as it is, turkey calls are tools.

[/quote]

If I don't hunt it it goes bye bye...

Gobbleandgrunt

I have plenty of calls. And great ones at that. I got Mdtom84 sending me a file of his. If any of you were to buy a call that's a used call, would you buy one scratched or rather a clean call? I've seen great calls on here not sell cause it was conditioned on the whole surface. Why don't people want those?

jjnfla

You got 2 of them just scratch the higher # of the 2..then lets here it..

mgm1955