turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

how to cook a bird

Started by potter, July 03, 2017, 06:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter

How do u men cook these birds?just made a turkey salad, cooked meat , grinded, added mayo , celery , onion, jalapinos, .but meat is still dried out and lousy .its the leanist tough meat I ever cooked.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Jalapeño pepper cut into 4s lengthwise

Fill the reservoir of the jalapeño w cream cheese

Lay a 4" long 2" wide slice of turkey on top. 

Completely wrap in bacon and use toothpicks to pin it together

Cook on medium heat on the grill until bacon is charred

Enjoy!

hookedspur

Turkey nuggets  :drool:
Marinated over night in one of several great recipes then deep fried at 375 3-4 minutes
and yum yum.
My favorite is about 24 hours in ranch dressing or 12 hrs in butter milk. Then Drakes fry mix ,
and Cajun spice to taste.

NEVER NEVER OVER COOK WILD TURKEY ITS A WASTE OF SOME GREAT EATING
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Greg Massey

It's just hard to beat cast iron skillet fried turkey, biscuits and milk gravy.. I also make turkey jerky that really good...

SteelerFan

Another vote for turkey nuggets!!

Cubed breast dredged in Kentucky Kernel seasoned flour and deep fried (or skillet fried in oil). Only way we eat them anymore. Kids will stand at the counter and eat them before they hit the table.

*gonna have to try hookedspur's marinating idea now...

OldSwamper

Cut into smaller pieces (takes 2-3 bites), marinate in franks hot sauce and buttermilk, then coat in your preferred chicken breader and fry

Tomfoolery

Fry the breast in nuggets save the thighs and wings for a thick fricasee over rice.

3bailey3

Same as Steeler fan but I  soak in butter milk and hot sauce for at least two days and as far as tough goes never had any tough this way!

M,Yingling

debone whole bird white meat dark meat cut into nuggets  soak in zesty  Italian dressing bout 5 hour roll in seasoned flour drop in hot grease 3 - 4 minute    do extra while your at it tastes  good right out fridge also  dam now iam hungry lol
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Happy

Gonna go a little different route on this one but it has never failed to dissapoint. I skin the bird whole. Then I freeze them. When I am ready to cook one after I thaw it out I take a stick of melted butter and some hat water to thin out the mixture. Mix together in a bowl with Tony Sacherez Cajun seasoning and inject it like Amy Winehouse on a Saturday night. After that I cold smoke it whole for about 4 hours with hickory chips. Then I take the whole bird and Debone everything. Wings, legs, thighs you name it. Cut into chunks and roll them in flour. Fry golden brown with butter and more Cajun seasoning. I did one for my grandparents for thanksgiving one year. My grandma did a store bought turkey for backup. Guess which one was barely touched? It's time consuming but we'll worth it.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Cut N Run

Teriyaki Turkey Marinade
Mix soy sauce, white sugar, garlic, vegetable oil, powdered ginger, and ground black pepper in a blender on high for 5-6 minutes to get an even mix.  Cut turkey breast into 1 inch cubes and place turkey in marinade & marinate overnight in a refrigerator. The next day, Skewer turkey & grill until turkey is done without overcooking.  I like to cut the hide off a pineapple, then cut it lengthwise into spears and grill along with the turkey.  Every person I shared turkey fixed this way has enjoyed it & wanted more.

PM me if you want exact measurements of ingredients.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

BowBendr

Quote from: Happy on July 03, 2017, 08:42:27 PM....and inject it like Amy Winehouse on a Saturday night....

HeHe....spit my beer out on that one Happy !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelerFan

Quote from: BowBendr on July 03, 2017, 09:35:57 PM
Quote from: Happy on July 03, 2017, 08:42:27 PM....and inject it like Amy Winehouse on a Saturday night....

HeHe....spit my beer out on that one Happy !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2!   :TooFunny:

This thread is gonna need a "sticky" for these recipes! (Now I'm hungry too Mike!)

falltoms

Like stated before.  Never over cook turkey. I leave the breast sponge. (The fat) on the breast when cleaning a gobbler. It flavors the meat and keeps it from drying out, I skin mine out. After its cooked the fat falls off. My favorite dishes are turkey casserole with the breast meat and turkey chili with the legs and thighs. Love the livers too

Chris O

Smoke the 2 boneless breast halves for 1 1/2 hrs take out and wrap in aluminum foil with a lot of butter and wrap tight so you don't lose the juice. Cook until the internal temp is right I think it's 165 degrees. I run my smoker at 250 degrees . I usually make turkey salad out of the legs.