OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Slate Call Opinion

Started by Jhp148, July 03, 2017, 12:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jhp148

I recently just got a Clint Corder Slate. I am blown away with how good this pot runs. Unfortunately he is no longer taking orders on anymore calls. So my question is, who out there makes a pot that is comparable to Clints ? Thanks

sixbird

One of the best slates I have is from Scott Hock. It's a white oak pot and it sounds excellent!
Not sure how it compares with Corder since I don't recall hearing his slate but it's a fine call for sure. That and Scott is a great guy...

Clardh

One of the best slates I have is from Scott Hock. It's a white oak pot and it sounds excellent!
Not sure how it compares with Corder since I don't recall hearing his slate but it's a fine call for sure. That and Scott is a great guy...

X2

Jhp148

How do you get in contact with Scott Hock ?

eorlando

Quote from: Jhp148 on July 05, 2017, 06:19:20 PM
How do you get in contact with Scott Hock ?
Send him a PM on here. His user name is Scott Hock

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Matt k

Darrin Dawkins makes a nice slate

Spitten and drummen

some may scoff , but I recently got a cody spec1 and world champion , and both of those slates are steady moving up my list. also I absolutely love my Eddie Wynne persimmon slate.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

nitro

Some of the highest quality slates I own from the standpoint of sound are from -

Dean "Redbeard" Mundhenke - GA

Jack Mincey from NC

Paul Durham is an up and comer and his calls are impressive also.  He is on here if you want to contact him.
Royal Slam 2008

MattinIdaho

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on July 06, 2017, 08:40:03 AM
some may scoff , but I recently got a cody spec1 and world champion , and both of those slates are steady moving up my list.

I'm a huge fan of Cody Slates. They sound great and I think they are super consistent.

Ericbrooks

Yingling walnut slate is a excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy hooker

Lonnie Sneed hot hen,,it's a must,, just on unique styling alone let alone the great sound.

greencop01

I have a Cody World Class and she sings a siren song for toms.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Boykin Hollow

Lonzo makes some of the best sounding slates and glass calls that are easy to run.  Lon Trice out of Bronwood, GA.  You will be impressed.

idratherb

Personally over the years Ive had 2 and 3 of every call maker there is, I always go back to my cody..just my  :z-twocents:

Jhp148

So is the Cody world class worth $175? Which do y'all prefer the slate or glass