OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2018 hunt states

Started by WW, June 29, 2017, 11:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WW

I know it's early but now's the time to plan. Which states are you guys planning to turkey hunt next season? For me, it's SC, FL, OK, & NE. My bucket list wish of a single season slam will be attempted...

davisd9

Will be in my home state of SC and making NC a priority this year.  Would love to visit my buddy ninja in MS and have a connection or two in Tenn.  Always looking for an opportunity to go out west for fun hunting. The only two I can say for certain is SC and NC. 

Good luck in your travels.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

TauntoHawk

PA, NY, NE is pretty well set...Will have to see what shakes out for anything else
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Roost 1

KY TN IN OH MD and maybe MI

LaLongbeard

Mississippi,Louisiana,Texas,Tennessee, in that order maybe Kentucky. Never to early to plan I'm buying topo maps now will scout terrain in the fall.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

pauld

Hopefully NB, KS, Wash. of course GA and FL

Farmboy27

JK Spurs

I like my turkey well peppered

Yoder409

PA

Trying to convince the Mrs. I need to take my son and do a NE, SD, WY road trip.  We'll see....................
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Will

Just booked a hunt for South Carolina. Their season starts long before mine in Maryland. Then I'll try my luck in PA for the first time.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

FL, SC, OK, TX, VA, WV, OH, PA, VT, NH, ME, MA.

Ill throw a previously unvisited Merriams state somewhere in there, as well, for another single season grand slam. Overall, I'll be revisiting a couple of my favorite places and traveling to plenty of new territory, as well.

davisd9

Quote from: Will on June 29, 2017, 10:36:58 PM
Just booked a hunt for South Carolina. Their season starts long before mine in Maryland. Then I'll try my luck in PA for the first time.

Where in SC?
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Yoder409 on June 29, 2017, 09:33:33 PM
PA

Trying to convince the Mrs. I need to take my son and do a NE, SD, WY road trip.  We'll see....................

I hope you get the chance, its something else out there
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Will

Quote from: davisd9 on June 30, 2017, 07:21:53 AM

Where in SC?

Buck Run Hunting Lodge

davisd9

Quote from: Will on June 30, 2017, 09:34:12 AM
Quote from: davisd9 on June 30, 2017, 07:21:53 AM

Where in SC?

Buck Run Hunting Lodge

Good population in that area, should have a good hunt.